Todays Watchtower Study ---------------------- Give Me A Break

by BlindersOff1 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

An elder told me last year when I was still going that they were not supposed to give talks from the platform using iPads not to make the brothers and sisters who couldn't afford one want one.

Alec

• jam
    jam

Thanks Blinders off/Cedars. What a buffoon.

• RN
    RN

Brilliant! Let's compare OCD (a severe anxiety disorder) with trying to improve your life with a college education. I need to borrow a pair of hands from some one and do a quadruple face palm, because a double face palm just won't do. --RN

• finally awake
    finally awake

My middle son has often asked for one on one time with me as a reward. It seems that he still views going to the store with Mom or watching a movie with Mom as a good time. I'm not a workaholic by any stretch of the imagination, and I doubt that he wishes we had less money, but it's not unreasonable to believe that a kid might view having more available parents as better than having wealthy but unavailable parents.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: As a result, we're known as the family that has a lot of money rather than as the family that encourages others in spiritual pursuits.

This is Watchtowerese for, "don't spend all that money on yourself; give us all that money."

Farkel

• steve2
    steve2
    we're known as the family that has a lot of money rather than as the family that encourages others in spiritual pursuits.

Oh the agonizing shame and humiliation of being labeled by other witnesses as "materialistic".

This "convenient" quote reminds me of how extremely vulnerable witnesses are to one another's harsh judgements, especially on matters that really are no one else's business.

God, am I glad I'm now free from this childish emotional blackmail.

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

A few months ago I would have finished a WT study like that with a guilt trip the size of Mt. Everest. Today I just tuned out the holier-than-thou comments and contemplated how glad I am that I have a college education and a challenging, well-paying job with benefits and a 401k. Oh yeah, and that I would be spending the rest of the afternoon happily wasting time on my iPad instead of handing out memorial invitations.

• nugget
    nugget

good grief, not an ounce of reality here. What a wicked Dad with his work ethic and desire to provide well for his family. So they would rather he was available to help out other members of the congregation spiritually and be at their beck and call than to be available to his family and provide for them. total piffle.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

makes me gag & nothing has changed since I quit going to meetings 25 years ago

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Blatantly apparent that experience was made up. "One young Christian states." There's several other matters in today's WT Study that raised my eyebrow as well. I'm sure Blondie has it covered though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit