The Seeker Speaks

by Farkel 44 Replies latest jw friends

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

The more I learn, the less that I know for sure. There are so few absolutes in life.

zed

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" You can't show anything to someone who knows it all... " I hear ya. Being dogamtic in any subject of study is a sure fire way to stop the learning process. This is true of spiritual and scientific pursuits.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The more I learn, the less that I know for sure. There are so few absolutes in life.

zed

Absolutely. My seeking has been more refined. I don't need to personally experience every last frigging religion to seek by process of elimination. Luckily, people like Farkel have already eliminated most of them for me. I seek personal truth nowadays. It's way more relaxing, rewarding.

• jgnat
    jgnat

We are always hearing of people who are around seeking after the Truth. I have never seen a (permanent) specimen. I think he has never lived. But I have seen several entirely sincere people who thought they were (permanent) Seekers after the Truth. They sought diligently, persistently, carefully, cautiously, profoundly, with perfect honesty and nicely adjusted judgment- until they believed that without doubt or question they had found the Truth. That was the end of the search. The man spent the rest of his hunting up shingles wherewith to protect his Truth from the weather.
    - "What is Man?"

http://www.twainquotes.com/Truth.html

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

When I was a JW I was taught that we are blank slates and there is no knowledge or truth within us. We know nothing unless we are taught it by the gb. I have found reality to be just the opposite. Not sure why I am bothering, cue excremental remarks.

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

I like this one and agree that it may not be that you ever find the answer, but the quest is rewarding!

No Regrets

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i too have put in an eye bleeding ammount of hours in research, and when i was done the one thing that i take comfert in, and makes me feel great is knowing that all of the organized religions are BS. And also anyone claiming to know "the truth" is full of crap. (no offense to you christians, etc)

the relief in knowing that there is not a blood thirsty tyrant in the sky waiting to send me to hell/armageddon/whatever scary man made fear tactic you have is powerful.

im not an atheist, i think there could be a god and we may find out when we die. i also think its a fallacy when people will then say "well if you dont believe in something you cant have comfort or hope". frankly when you humble yourself and stop pretending and admit that we are speks in the universe and we dont know shit, you can then let go and live and enjoy your life.

now i dont have an issue if you want to belive in religion, but where i draw the line is when you pretend to have not only the absolute truth, but anyone who is not in your religion is "lost" or "damned" or in any negitive way. in the universe, in the grand scheme of things, that is like a turd louding proclaiming he is special right before FLUSH. LOL

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

try an E-meter.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The problem with humanity is that it can never stop learning about are self and the world in which we live

but its proved advantageously better for humanity's sake to keep on learning with a open critical mindset.

The learning process doesn't stop from one generation and it shouldn't for the future generations to follow.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Agreed. Paradoxes and uncertainty seem to be the only absolutes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit