The Seeker Speaks

by Farkel 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

Marvin Schilmer,

: Keep kickin ass brother!

My feet hurt! Too many asses, too little time and energy!

Sigh.

Farkel

• Night Owl
    Night Owl

Whatever.

NightOwl

• Farkel
    Farkel

Night Owl,

: Whatever.

I'm writing that down in my little book of outstanding repartees, because I recognize intellectual brilliance when I see it.

Farkel

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I agree with you Farkel, if we think we have found "The Way", then we are wrong. As a dubbie, we all thought we had " The Truth", only to find out it was "The Lie". The fact that I was so wrong about so many things for so long caused me to question everything I thought I knew. When I first left, I was quite confused, if this wasn't it, what was? It was uncomfortable to think that there is no explanation for anything. All I could do was move forward, hoping the answers would come to me. As time went on I began to realize that I didn't need to have all the answers, that this state of seeking, of questioning, was actually better than stupidly going around thinking I had all the answers to life's problems.

It has been 13 years since I left. My spiritual path has led me to the point of attending a church, I just missed being part of a faith based community. It is about as far removed from the Jehovah's Witnesses as you can get while still calling themselves Christian. They have no doctrine, they accept all who come. The pastor said to me that on any given Sunday, 30 percent of the congregations is probably Athiest, the next Sunday, 30 percent, but not the same people as last week. It just feels right, so I will see how it goes, I'm not ready to join just yet. I am still a seeker, I just find I enjoy being around fellow seekers.

• Glander
    Glander

As someone, like yourself, who has been chewing over the big question, "What is the meaning of life?" for just a tad over 6 and a half decades, I appreciate your thoughts above.

Here is the Readers Digest version of your essay:

Q - What is the purpose/meaning of our existance?

A - I don't know

and that's just the way it should be. Many, many people take the first answer offered, like born-ins who are now in their 80's and never once relaxed the death grip on it.

The closest to an answer I have ever arrived at to cut it back to the basics. I think of the simplicity of other forms of life, animal and vegetable -

Birth - growth- blossom- procreate - declineand pass into death.

If there is a god "it" knows how to contact me if "it" wants to. Meanwhile, I am content with the above described cycle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit