No one who leaves "the truth" is ever happy?

by El_Guapo 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

That old canard really goes deep, the number of JW's that I greet and talk to, who say "How are you?" and when I tell them, they repeat it !! "Yes, but how are you ?", silently adding the word "really", they simply cannot beleive that I am happier than I have ever been, in all ways.

That religion is a miserable, depressing, debilitating one, as soon as you walk away for good, a huge weight is lifted from you.

From then on you progress to finding the real "you" and to realising that the world is a wonderful place, full of wonderful, lovely people, full of opportunity and real hope, the WT/JW world is simply full of s**t.

Amen to what Phizzy said!

Honestly, though, as happy as I am now, I find that since leaving I'm more afraid of dying. It's something that I'm steadily working through.

PS: I don't know why I can't get the 'quote' feature to work correctly.

• dinah
    dinah

I didn't read the whole thread, but I was MISERABLE, until I figured out I wasn't the one who was defective. There were no forums 25 years ago. If not for these people, I would probably still be kicking my own ass.

If they drill it into your head that you will be miserable, you will----until you find out they were just bullshittin'

• dinah
    dinah

Fiddler, I jump for joy when I see someone figure it out whilst in their teens or 20's.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Good for you EG

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

why even bother going back - sickening

• donny
    donny

I remember the year I began attending meetings (1982), they released a brochure called "Enjoy Life on Earth Forever." I remember reading its contents and looking at the pictures and thinking "wow, this is pretty cool."

Years later as I was waking up to reality, I was going through the brochure again and noticed how much BS was in its pages. The pictures depicting a meeting in progress show everyone with this gleeful smile on their faces. Another picture is of a young man witnessing to friends who are eagerly hanging on to every word he says.

I sat back and wondered "Why have I not ever seen these kinds of smiles in my congregation?"

I soon realized it was because it was all propoganda. It was all crap to keep one in the fold.

I definitley felt happier upon leaving the Society and I have never regretted it.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well, you may be happy now, and that's fine. Just remember its all you get. You are getting your reward in full..

You are just going to show up and see what happens? Do plan to make waves and drop some truth, or are you just observing?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I left the washtowel because they wanted me to pretend to be happy without doing anything to make sure I had good reason to be happy. I refused to go along, so I simply started fading in such a way as to waste as much of their time as possible.

And now I see the religion as a bunch of rubbish. They claim to be not like the cat lick church (who they are having a field day with, now that the vatican is up sxxx creek without a paddle in a barbed wire canoe). While I do not have any respect for the cat lick church, the washtowel is even worse. I hope the washtowel goes down harder than even the cat lick church--I am hoping they go down hard and take the whole of Christi-SCAM-ity down with them, witlesses and all.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

My brain is happy free to pursue new an interesting ideas

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

when I was still in and seriously depressed, I started going to a psychologist and psychiatrist and taking meds. A "strong" sister in the congregation asked me what the problem was. I said I wasn't happy. She said, "why should you be happy? No one else is."

I eventually got out and am much happier. I wonder how she is nowadays? She hated her husband and openly discussed getting a new husband in the "new world." I heard that her hated husband started attending the KH. Ooops, poor thing, screwed again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit