The Watchtower is NOT a false prophet .. yes/no

by refiners fire 51 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Dakota.
    Excellent quotes all of them.
    And they all indicate that direction flows thru the FDS, to the Org.
    So God doesnt Directly communicate with the GB.Do you agree or not?

..''w91 3/15 22 Who Really Have a Heavenly Calling? ***
    God has a channel of communication through which he provides spiritual food for his earthly organization. (Matthew 24:45-47) So nobody should think that being an anointed Christian gives him wisdom superior to that of the “great crowd” with the earthly hope''..
    This ones a bit curious, The 'channel of communication' guiding the 'earthly organization' IS the spirit annointed ones, so surely an annointed one MUST have superior contact with God. Why then tell them they are no better than the great crowd??
    Good quote.

heres a better one:

*** w91 9/1 18-19 Jehovah and Christ-Foremost Communicators ***
    That faithful and discreet slave is represented today by the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses,
    Looks like God DOES talk to the GB after all!
  • Will Power
    Will Power

Rutherford said he got his info from angels. They dropped this later tho, because you are not supposed to be into spiritism, so the channel changed to a more direct link. I'll get the quotes.

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

*** w59 1/15 39-41 Down with the Old-Up with the New! ***

... but, Who will be Jehovah's prophet to the nations, to speak to them everything that He should command? Who will be the modern Jeremiah? ... So who will prophesy with his message in this time of the end of the nations of this world? ... How was the question answered? ... The fact that decides the answer to the question is, not, Do all the clergy of Roman Catholicism and of Protestantism agree that Jehovah's witnesses have been and are God's prophet to the nations? but, Who discerned the divine will for Christians in this time of the world's end and offered themselves to do it? Who have undertaken God's foreordained work for this day of judgment of the nations? Who have answered the call to the work and have done it down till this year 1958? Whom has God actually used as his prophet?

14 By the historical facts of the case Christendom is beaten back in defeat. Jehovah's witnesses are deeply grateful today that the plain facts show that God has been pleased to use them. ... It has been because Jehovah thrust out his hand of power and touched their lips and put his words in their mouths...

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

dazed.
    many thanks.A GREAT quote.
    Ive been researching a lot of other churches and left the dub stuff behind over the past three years.,Id come to the opinion that the dubs never claimed anywhere direct God inspiration.
    Maybe the other stuff I was reading affected my memory of Dub material eh?
    That one quote alone is sufficient to hang them.

"Jehovah thrust out his hand.. touched their lips and put his words in their mouths."
    An absolute statement like this isnt easy to find though, Eh?
    Slippery bastards...
  • AlanF
    AlanF

To Refiners Fire:

: The whole point of this thread was to see how many people were under the impression that the WT claimed that the GB talked with God themselves.

I see. Well, along the lines of what I posted earlier, the answer depends on what you mean by the GB talking with God. They certainly claim that God talks to them in unspecified but clearly supernatural ways. They certainly claim that they talk to God via prayer and that God answers those prayers. If this isn't two-way communication, I don't know what is. Oviously it's not the same as having, say, a face to face conversation with God, but that's not very helpful. You and I communicate indirectly through this board, even though we don't communicate face to face. You write, I respond, and vice versa. It's the same with the GB: God writes in the Bible, the GB supposedly prays, God responds by putting ideas in their heads or whatever. That's talking with God just as much as you and I are talking right now.

Of course, a major difference between the GB talking with God and me talking with you is that in the latter case we know that anyone can do it, whereas the GB claims that God does not answer the prayers or put ideas in the heads of any other religious leaders. Thus the GB claim exclusive communication in this way with God, and that is why they have long claimed to be God's sole channel of communication to mankind.

: This doesnt happen (so far as I know) they have never claimed this, but they insinuate God puts ideas into their minds and they recieve their direction thru a channel of spirit that is two or three steps removed from God.

Exactly. However, remember that the Society teaches that God has only directly communicated with two men throughout history: Adam and Jesus. All other communication has been through angels ranging in rank from simple messengers to Jesus in angelic form. For example, they say that the Revelation was given by God to Jesus to an angel to John. That's exactly what Rutherford claimed happened when angels put ideas into his own head. So the notion of direct communication with God without any supernatural intermediaries is meaningless here. The real point is that the Society teaches that various supernatural agents representing God communicate directly with JW leaders by putting ideas in their heads.

: i have to tell you that, frankly I have moved away from Watchtower predictions and am looking at other churches and their predictions, looking for similarities in method.

Plenty of other false prognosticators are around. In most cases they don't claim to speak for God, and so, while I deplore their idiotic predictions, I don't class them as being Biblical "false prophets" as I do JW leaders and a few other nutcases. Those who step over the line and claim to speak for God, such as David Koresh, are most certainly Biblical "false prophets".

: So WT quotes are not at my fingertips.

Fear not! I have many.

: However,Here is an example of what I mean,uttered by a Christian fundie called Norman Robertson.
    : He says:

: "recognize that we in this generation have a distinct advantage over all previous generations because the seal of Daniel 12 verse 4 has been opened to us and so we can understand End Time Prophecy" He then goes on to mouth his own personal interpretations of scripture.

: Is he a false prophet because he quotes the Authority of Daniel and because he implies that the seal has been opened by God?

: Or is more needed to convict him?

It depends on precisely how he claims this "opening of the seal" has occurred and how he treats those who disagree with him. If he claims that he and his buddies have been given special dispensation via some sort of divine guidance, whether specified or not, then he fits the definition of Biblical false prophet. If he treats those who disagree with him as if they're disagreeing with God himself, then he also fits the definition.

A lot of preachers make a lot of false predictions and wild interpretations of the Bible, but they're not necessarily Biblical "false prophets". To be such, they must claim that their words are the equivalent of God's, directly or indirectly.

I highly recommend that you read the links I posted earlier in this thread. You'll find more damning quotations than you've ever dreamed of.

AlanF

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Alan.

If he treats those who disagree with him as if they're disagreeing with God himself, then he also fits the definition.

A very valid point, I am not aware that these Christian fundies are telling their members not to read opposing literature, so perhaps it must be said they are not CULT leaders.
    Still, they are predicting the future from scripture interpretation, and they are generating "expectation".Which expectations, by the way, are failed to be realized within the alloted time frame.

I will certainly now go check those links you posted...

• happy man
    happy man

Read from the resoning of the scriptures,
    site 108" we have never said that we are insperd profhets, we hade make misstaks,and we hade also some wrong expaktaitions."
    BUT who else have tell the wordthat we have only ONE God,and hes name is Jehova,this confusing trinyti error is terribel messand none understand it.
    Who else have unite people all over the word NONE,unik,who else TRY to follow the bibel,on moral things on not be a part of the word thing,
    even the blood issu bibelsay dont take blood, none care.
    And who say no to killing in war, UNIK.
    this was only a few things that you forget,and this is the important thing,not if we beleive the kingdon comes now or later.
    And who say there is no hell, when you die it is a sleep,THIS THINGS HAVE NEVER CANGE SINS Russels time,this is the important things .

• Will Power
    Will Power
    we have never said that we are insperd profhets,

Then you have never read the watchtower without the UNIK glasses!

God,and hes name is Jehova,this confusing trinyti error is terribel messand none understand it.
    A 15th century theologian gives definintion: "The Lord God" (literally, JEHOVAH, the GODS; that is, One and Three) And Strong's Concordance 'hovah = god of mischief YOU are right none understand it, especially the WT, that is not UNIK.

Who else have unite people all over the word NONE
    Same guys who say everyone in new world will come back WHITE!

And who say no to killing in war, UNIK
    It's the same group that says YES to killing in the hospital!
    or Malawai

THIS THINGS HAVE NEVER CANGE SINS Russels time
    Again, you do not know your own history of what you are defending. Russell would be disf'd if he tried to continue with his original teachings among the current, as would rutherfore, and knorr.

Check it out happyman.

• Hairy Harr
    Hairy Harr

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE???? Brooklyn has been churning out real profit$ for a long long time!!!
    HH

• greven
    greven

LOL happy har!!!!

"Fear is strange soil. Mainly it grows obedience like corn, which grows in rows and makes weeding easy. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground."
    -from "Small Gods" by Terry Pratchett-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit