The Watchtower is NOT a false prophet .. yes/no

by refiners fire 51 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Does a prophet have to claim to speak for "God" to be a false prophet?

Can he be a false prophet if he claims to speak for someone else who speaks to God?

can he be a false prophet if he interprets a Biblical prophet in a new way?

Is the Watchtower really a false prophet, it has never claimed to recieve instructions direct from God.

What do you think?

(devils advocate here folks, go easy on me, but i do intend to defend this position vigorously)
    (thread heading edited to clarify)

• logical
    logical

if it is God's earthly channel, then it must alegedly get its info from God. No amount of clever wording and wriggling will hide their true nature from JAH. They may be able to fool man, but no man can fool God.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

oh man!!
    I just looked in the back of the NWT for the main false prophet scriptures.
    Those scriptures arent even under the heading "false prophet' in the index!!
    wonder why...

• apostate man
    apostate man

Any person or organization that states that something will take place on a certain date or in a certain year and then is wrong about it, is a false-prophet. No matter where, when or how they got this information and no matter who it is for. It is fact that WT has set dates and has said that certain things would happen and has been wrong evey time. It's as simple as that. FALSE-Prophet.

• logical
    logical
    Any person or organization that states that something will take place on a certain date or in a certain year and then is wrong about it, is a false-prophet. No matter where, when or how they got this information and no matter who it is for.

In the name of God, yes.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Does anyone here believe that The organization has ever claimed to recieve any of its information direct from God?
    they have not.
    if you do think that, references, please.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

For years the information contained in the WT was "inspired" just as the Bible was inspired and so because it came directly from Jehovah it was to be believed and obeyed. Then when they admitted the WT was not inspired, the WBTS became God's earthly organization and the Governing Body became the Faithful and Discreet Slave dispensing information from Jehovah. So they claim actual inspiration straight from Jehovah, as did the prophets.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I don't see how any reasonable person could deny the Watchtower being a false prophet. When an organization claims to be God's channel, that they have been entrusted with the Master's belongings, that they are "anointed" (thereby having special insight into Jah's mind & purpose) but repeatedly publish Armageddon dates that go unfulfilled, well, DUH! Crisis of Conscience chapter 9 is such a great expose of the "corporate" mentality of the WTBTS. As expectations over 1975 grew and grew, and hundreds of thousands were being baptized, did the WT back off of it? No, they didn't, not one bit. They only became more and more drunk with their false hopes, and passed the bottle to the R&F. I was only vaguely aware of the 1975 debacle when I became a dub, I wish I had known more.

• apostate man
    apostate man

Does it matter where they say they got their information from? Does it matter? We all know all the original prophecies were made from the pyramids. Wasn't Russell supposed to be some great man of God? Inspired by God?

• logical
    logical

refiners,

they DO claim to be God's earthly channel. Which means to make their claim true, they MUST be getting their info from God. (Which is not the case)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit