Bibles out of stock at Bethel?

by nochoice 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Well, if they are going to come out with a new Reasoning Book and Bible, best to do it at the same time for all of those who will be binding them together.

I wonder if this has any relationship to this issue ...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/246735/1/Thomson-v-Watchtower

• nochoice
    nochoice

Where abouts are you, nochoice?

I can also verify that bibles are running low - even more so than the usual rationing that Anony Mous mentions. Our small congregation has about 3 or 4 deluxe/reference bibles on order from way back in August.

88JM I am in the South East. Sorry not to be more specific, but, you know.

I am hearing about back orders like yours all over. I heard the Japan rumor and I've also heard the Canada rumor. It just seems silly though, that the Elders aren't being told what's going on. A simple letter from Momma and all will be well!

"Dear Brothers, Due to the overwhelming demand for foreign language Bibles in other lands where the work is opening up and thriving, we've been dedicating our presses to that need. Surely, your loving flock can share bibles with newly interested ones, since the friends in these new congregations might only have just a few Bibles for the whole Kingdom Hall until the need is filled. Likewise, your Christian generosity can enable us to obtain more presses, so that we can continue foreign language printing and resume English editions sooner."

• nochoice
    nochoice

Wannabefree and GonzoX mentioned the possible lawsuits on the New World Translation committe. If they did have some kind of cease and desist order from printing the New World Translation and their attorneys agreed to it, it would make sense that Bethel would not be shipping any bibles at all. However, you can read the Bible in the New World Translation on thier official website, so I don't know.

Maybe the Governing Body is just giving up!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Evidently, this has become a subject of speculation in "Bethel" congregations in and around NY.

It was joked that perhaps they are no bibles because "we're not using them anymore" (as if they ever really did).

The talk is that a "New" New World Translation is coming.

My wife commented, Why would you need a new bible? <= Good question!

So, anyone else hear anything new on this?

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

The reason they need to put out a new Bible is to make money. Seven million of them needed for sure. And they can guilt people into actually paying for them, unlike the magazines.

zed

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

perhaps a release after the Saturday afternoon symposium ... "Utilize God's Word as ... " ?

• hoser
    hoser

At the release they can say " other bibles sell for an upwards of one hundred dollars" to guilt the sheeples

• sir82
    sir82
    The reason they need to put out a new Bible is to make money. Seven million of them needed for sure. And they can guilt people into actually paying for them, unlike the magazines.

IF there is a NNWT, I believe that is precisely the reason. They'll change 1% of the text, then "lovingly" remind the JWs "have you been to a bookstore and priced Bibles lately? A modern translation with footnotes & appendices can cost $40 or $50 or more!"

10 million Bibles [JWs plus their unbaptized kids] times $50 dollars = expected revenue of half a billion dollars.

You can pay off a lot of child abuse settlements with that kind of money.

• hoser
    hoser

I bet they'll change loose conduct to "brazen"

hoser

• BU2B
    BU2B

The comgregation I go to is out as is most of our region in NY.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit