Bibles out of stock at Bethel?

by nochoice 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Whatever it is, it will be a let-down. Lord Jesus, please destroy the WTBTS........seriously.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The local congregation (midwest US) is out of English bibles also. My thoughts:

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has one of its primary (supposedly) mission to distribute Bibles. In this it is failing. There can only be a few reasons. Here are three reasons that I can think of, in order of probablility.

1. They have produced another edition and are planning to release it soon, possibly at the summer conventions. Or, they could announce the release at the conventions to be available later in '13.

2. They are hopelessly broke and cannot afford to print them.

3. They are incompetent in management and have lost the ability to meet the needs as they come up.

Does the NWT need revised? YES!

Does the WT Society have qualified translators who can do the revision NO!

Have they ever had qualified translators? NO!

Does the WT Society care if the NWT is in agreement with the original manuscripts? NO!

Does the WT Society care if the NWT supports their pre-conceived doctrines? YES!

What will come out of this?

If the NWT is revised it will be 99.9% the same old NWT with a few revisions to support WT doctrine. For example, in the 1950's NWT New Testament the words in Revelation were 'older persons', but the later editions the words were changed to 'elders'. This mirrored the NW terminology change that came in the early '70's. Neither word choice is really any better than the other, but the change supports their doctrine. That is all they care about. We will see similar word choice changes in any future revision.

Anyway, that is my two cents worth

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Drop,

I have to agree with #3 any changes in the NWT will not be scholarly corrections but merely changes to better support "official" teachings of the Corporation. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when this group of "bible scholars" appointed by the Governing Body discussed different renderings of verses to submit to the Governing Body for change approval.

• jws
    jws

A newly discovered way of translating the Greek word genea reveals:

Mark 13:30 - Truly I say to YOU that these overlaping generations will by no means pass away until all these things happen.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I have a theory... the WT is trying to "encourage" the use of the entire JW.org for the member to read material. No printing cost. Plus soon they will probably require a membership fee to access their site! This is for the developed countries of course. They will still print some fo the underdeveloped countries.

By forcing the hand on the internet useage, they can change any wording they want to without a "paper trail". They can also keep track of those who join the site. They can also require a member to have a specific code from a KH in order to access the whole site, to help keep apostates or any non JW wanting to research them, out.

What do you think?

• jws
    jws

@nonjwspouse: Actually, IMO, electronic copies, as long as they can be downloaded, are potentially much easier to compare.

Paper copies? You have to go through side by side and read the whole thing. And you may or may not catch a minor change just because most of it is the same and you might glance over differences. Just like in those "spot the differences" puzzles.

On the other hand, with the right software, two copies can be compared in a matter of seconds

• Gayle
    Gayle

People don't 'need' a Bible anyway. The WTS quote the parts of the Bible they want within their own books to prove their point/lie. Reading the Bible on their own without the WT would be a waste of people's time and money and in itself not enough to learn WT 'truth' anyway.

• mP
    mP

Paul rewrote a new theology after Jesus in the gospels. The gospels gave a new message and ignore most of the OT. Deuteronomy gives us new laws that contradict stuff in Ex, Le and Numbers. Dueteronomy means "second law" in Latin. The Bible in all its glory has multiple examples of the new replacing the old. Naturally this evolution has continued.

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

Maybe they are gonna come out with a Vegan version.

I hope they don't release a new one, cause then we are all gonna have to read it to find the changes. Sheesh, it's a big book.

I seem to remember, my mom ordering me a leather bible for my baptism. I got baptized in July and my bible didn't come in until Dec. 25th. My mom thought that was funny, it looked like she got it for Christmas. Either way the gift sucked. But 6 month wait back then even.

tt

• free2beme
    free2beme

Not even the green covered one? Please do not tell me the green ones are gone! OMG, the end is near.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit