Bibles out of stock at Bethel?

by nochoice 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

when is the 1st DC? I'm sure it will be announced there

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

I've had a reference bible on backorder since the late fall. Our Literature Assistant told me recently he heard there was a serious debate at Bethel over what kind of material to use for the covers on the bibles. That makes absolutely zilch sense to me considering bibles have been on backorder for several months now. That said, I think there's some validity to any rumors of a new bible being released at this year's DC.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Ever since they went over to completely free literature to avoid paying ceasar's things to ceasar the more expensive items they print have been in short supply. Lets face it if your a business and you offer free literature and the completely voluntary donations are not coming close to a profit, you don't want to just supply these things on demand or you will go broke, so you decrease the supply availible so as to limit your losses.

• oppostate
    oppostate
    I think I posted here before about some of the traveling servants
    and members of the Governing Body sporting the grey leatherette
    and silver color gilded/edged new Bibles.
    They are the size of the bi-12 but fatter since they include the appendix
    materials found in the reference bibles.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

First DC is May 17th, Brooklyn and Oklahoma City.

If its a NNWT (New New World Translation) they are doing a damn good job keeping it from leaking.

Check the title of the last talk on Friday.

Believe Inspired Truth,Not Inspired Error

Now to me that is a really weird title, but it would fit with their agenda of "Only we know how to translate/read/understand the bible, everyone else in Christendom is a dipshit"

What exactly is "inspired error"?

• sir82
    sir82
    he heard there was a serious debate at Bethel over what kind of material to use for the covers on the bibles.

LOL! That would fit too perfectly.

Maybe there's a storeroom somewhere with a few thousand tons of green vinyl.

What exactly is "inspired error"?

The Watchtower magazine comes to mind.....

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Is there a scriptural basis for that talk? " Inspired error ", does not exist in the Bible or the WT CD Library. That is an odd phrase..

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

DD- These are the scriptures referenced in the program - (1 Timothy 4:1; 1 John 4:1, 6)

I guess they could apply "inspired error" to all other bible translations, basically which would rule out JWs using any other translations for research. More information control.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I've wondered if the WTS might use a site like ours to build some buzz before the convention. We'll see soon enough, eh?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

1 Tim 4:1

1 However, the inspired utterance says definitely that in later periods of time some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired utterances and teachings of demons

1 John 4:1,6

1 Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world.

6 We originate with God. He that gains the knowledge of God listens to us; he that does not originate with God does not listen to us. This is how we take note of the inspired expression of truth and the inspired expression of error.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit