What is the most powerful album that you have ever listened to?

by zed is dead 57 Replies latest jw friends

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

9:40 that was awesome!

• a watcher
    a watcher

"Yentl" soundtrack.

• Slavenomore
    Slavenomore

When I read the title of this thread immediately pink Floyd animals came to mind. The wall is great a little depressing as is all pink floyd (roger wAters)to some degree and I agree it can resonate for an ex JW or fader. I remember out in service a young pioneer sister asked if she could borrow my copy, I gave it to her. Next Sunday the parents presented me a plastic bag with it in and held it out to me like it was doggie poo poo! They asked firmly never to give their daughter any music. So I would say it def resonated with someone in that family. I was slightly taken back...How can they reject this holy writ of sound?! I would say tool has some powerful pyschological music. Recently I've added John Lennon's plastic Ono band album...I've found out, isolation and others especially the song god, wow...that is powerful for me where I'm at right now.

Check out these lyrics...perhaps an anthem for a Beatle, Lennon loving fader?

I found out

I told you before, stay away from my door
    Don't give me that brother, brother, brother, brother
    The freaks on the phone, won't leave me alone
    So don't give me that brother, brother, brother, brother No!
    I, I found out!
    I, I found out!

Now that I showed you what I been through
    Don't take nobody's word what you can do
    There ain't no Jesus gonna come from the sky
    Now that I found out I know I can cry

I, I found out!
    I, I found out!

Some of you sitting there with your cock in your hand
    Don't get you nowhere don't make you a man
    I heard something 'bout my Ma and my Pa
    They didn't want me so they made me a star

I, I found out!
    I, I found out!

Old Hare Krishna got nothing on you
    Just keep you crazy with nothing to do
    Keep you occupied with pie in the sky
    There ain't no guru who can see through your eyes

I, I found out!
    I, I found out!

I seen through junkies, I been through it all
    I seen religion from Jesus to Paul
    Don't let them fool you with dope and cocaine
    No one can harm you, feel your own pain

I, I found out!
    I, I found this out!
    I, I found out!

• TonyT
    TonyT

Definately The Wall...

Or maybe Leo Sayer

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

ShirleyW - Marvin Gaye came to mind for me, too. Hope the movie about him, does his music and life justice.

Theocratic Sedition - that particular CD of his left quite a mark on me when I was divorcing my ex. We used to listen to Marvin, Al Green, Chi-lite's etc. something about that CD really used to get to me.

The Manhattans would have to be mine. Kiss and Say Goodbye.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Soundgarden- Superunknown: Came out in 1994 which was around the time that I was realizing that I was waking up.

Pink Floyd- Delicate Sound of Thunder. (The concert DVD has to be seen to be believed)

Pearl Jam- Ten

• watson
    watson

Slavenomore, I'm glad you brought this album up. (Plastic Ono). I have to say that this one is at or near the top of my list too. If folks haven't heard it, they should make the effort. I believe it goes a long way toward explaining the hold Lennon had on so many. More than just Beatles and "Imagine".

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I know I mentioned it a month ago but I dare any X-JW to really listen through the whole "London Calling" album and not say "yeah..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit