What is the most powerful album that you have ever listened to?

by zed is dead 57 Replies latest jw friends

• zed is dead
  • zed is dead
    zed is dead

Okie dokey,

I couldn't modify the last post, but mine is Magic and Loss by Lou Reed. I have had a lot of losses in death the past year, and this music grounds me.

zed

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Powerful regarding the lyrics, which still hold true and always will, is Marvin Gaye's album What's Goin' On.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

The group? Dead Can Dance.

The album? Toward The Within

This is magical and it is interesting that besides the obvious english language songs ALL the rest are simply vocalizations that the female singer compares to speaking in tongues in that they just appeared as they were initially sung. Now those original persian sounding lyrics are sung exactly the same. It is very moving and very middle eastern in its sound though the two singers are Irish and Australian. Used to say Dark Side of the Moon but this transcends that. Try it. Dead Can Dance.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

MAN thats a tough one, sorry about your losses bro. Depends on your state mind i guess. Give me beat or something lyrical like "Time ain't on my side" The Stones.....

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Pink Floyd's "The Wall", followed closely by "Animals".

Eden

• Satanus
    Satanus

Agree on animals and dead can dance, toward the within.

• Pickler
    Pickler

Alice in chains...Dirt

Radiohead....OK Computer

Oldies, but, still amazing

• hoser
    hoser

sgt peppers lonely hearts club band by the beatles

the song fixing a hole somehow reminds me of the jws

• designs
    designs

Nina Simone Live In Concert, Carnegie Hall, 1964. This is the concert she intorduced the song she wrote about the death of Civil Rights Leader Medgar Evers-

Mississippi Goddam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit