What is the most powerful album that you have ever listened to?

by zed is dead 57 Replies latest jw friends

• ragnarok75
    ragnarok75

The Wall by Pink Floyd

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Hard to narrow it down to one but maybe Suck On This by Primus

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Too many to choose from. Shirley mentioned Marvin Gaye's What's Goin On earlier, but the one from him that blew me away was Here My Dear which I only heard for the first time last year. Amazing record. It followed his divorce from Barry Gordy's daughter and whatever money the album made off of sales had to go towards alimony payments per the divorce settlement stipulations. Hence the title, Here My Dear. Hearing dude sing about attorney fees blew me away. Have to say some of the tracks remind me of the WT too. I've never experienced a bad breakup, but the past couple years waking up from WT induced insomnia has been rough emotionally at times. Some of the emotions Marvin conveyed on the album remind me of my own sentiments towards the WT.

Love the previous comments. The Animals, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, all dope. I went through a post punk/goth phase and had a few Dead Can Dance tracks that I liked but I don't ever recall listening to an entire album. Have to give it a shot.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

The Wall is right up there for me

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Sgt Pepper It was too advanced for my taste when it was first released. They were far more sophisticated than I was. I endured it. My world was catching up. The summer of Sgt pepper every place I went I heard the album. It was a lifestyle declaration. Now I adore it. The music opened me to genres I normally avoided.

Tommy and earound Dylan All were social commentary that were multilayered.

• cofty
    cofty

Kind of Blue by Miles Davis

or

The Children of Sanchez by Chuck Mangione

or

Moonflower by Carlos Santana

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

afraid of sunlight....marillion

• Glander
    Glander

"Thank God Its Friday" soundtrack

"Carwash" sountrack

"Saturday Night Fever" soundtrack

some of the most beautiful music ever composed

• Tater-T
  • designs
    designs

Les McCann Montreux Jazz Festival Live, 1968- Compared To What

Roberta Flack- First Take. Listen to her interpretation of Leonard Cohen's 'Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit