DFing....Human Rights Violation and DEFAMATION of character?

by Terry 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

I understand, but it's not like some person on the street can register a religion and then start breaking laws. What if I made a religion that taught it was OK to drive recklessly? Would I then be able to use my religion against the traffic cop that pulls me over? I don't see how the Watchtower can get away with essentially the same thing, but for twelve decades. I really don't understand how they can be so lawless out in the open. It's dumbfounding to me.

You could not break generally applicable laws. And neither can the Catholic Church or the Watchtower society. Whether it's a religion of one or of a billion, you cannot break a speeding or murder or robbery law because of religious belief. But there is no law that says you must love your family. None that says you must be on good and loving terms with your parents and your children. None that says anyone as an individual has to be respectful of the beliefs of anyone else.

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights that you think you have discovered violations of is simply a declaration. If you are American, you are familiar with The Declaration of Indepenence, a document that talks about everyone's right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Yet you know that it's not the law. You cannot go into a court and make a claim against your neighbor for a Human Rights violation under the Declaration of Independence because his dog poops on your lawn and interferes with your pursuit of happiness.

The UDHR is not the law in the United States or anywhere else. It's a set of principles that forms the basis for international law. Those principles apply to governments. Do you really think it applies to everyone and everything? If your wife won't screw you unless you don't talk about religion to her, has she committed a crime by restricting your freedom of religion? If your mother doesn't want to be close to you anymore because you are a homosexual, or a drug user, or a Republican, or of some other group that she doesn't approve of, is she a Human Rights violator?

A corporation can't shun anyone. People shun because they subscribe to its dogma. And when they realize that shunned status and everything else is just a bunch of meaningless BS, they can leave and flip the org the bird, like so many of us have. I have. My parents haven't spoken to me for years. No one is holding a gun to their head. Human rights violations over run of the mill DFing and DAing is nonsense.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

You are right of course about the legal position in the U S A Chas, but I do wonder if the WT are skating on very thin ice here in the U.K .

Our Human Rights Act which gives legal teeth to the European Convention of Human Rights recognises the following from the ECHR as beieng legally bindidng:

"Article 9 provides a right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion. This includes the freedom to change a religion or belief, and to manifest a religion or belief in worship, teaching, practice and observance, subject to certain restrictions that are "in accordance with law" and "necessary in a democratic society" .

Combined with the other Right, to Family Life, the above is being trampled all over in reality by the WT's Disfellowship procedure.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Perhaps you are right, Pfizzy. I know far less about European law than about American law. Usually these human rights acts only apply to the actions of public bodies, however.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

You are right there too Chas, but the remit includes every Court and Tribunal in the U.K, now I know the WT will calim the procedure they go through is just an internal religious thing, but why call it a Judicial Committee then ?

Unfortunately so far similar religious "courts" have been held to be outside the Act, although of course the Established Church of England has to comply.

Basically though, the right to family life and to freedom of thought should apply to all individuals. I like this quote:

"

The focus of the European Court of Human Rights ("the

Court") with regard to religion is summarized in a passage that it

used in the case of Kokkinakis v. Greece and has repeated in every

major religious freedom case since:

[F]reedom of thought, conscience and religion is one of the

foundations of a "democratic society" . . . . It is, in its religious

dimension, one of the most vital elements that go to make up the

identity of believers and their conception of life, but it is also a

precious asset to atheists, agnostics, sceptics and the unconcerned.

The pluralism indissociable from a democratic society, which has

been dearly won over the centuries, depends on it. "

Perhaps the U.S.A needs some more laws ? and the U.K could tighten up theirs ?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thank you for breakin' that down Chaserious

But I must say, Phizzy hit the nail on the head when she said the WTS is skatin' on thin ice

When the WTS changed their policy on blood fractions and openly admitted

that fractions wasn't even mentioned in the bible ( 2006 August Awake )

The WTS got away wit' murder under the guise of a " Religion "

And under " religion " it's the sheep that pays the WT in order to work for this corporation

The WTS not only have slaves out in the fields for service, they robbin' 'em too

• Terry
    Terry

The interesting thing about Mind Control is how the victim will fight you when you try to help them so clearly do they see YOU as the problem.

It is impossible for them to listen or hear. They are in defensive refutation mode when anything is said even slightly critical.

What a wast of mental energy defending the indefensible!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit