DFing....Human Rights Violation and DEFAMATION of character?

by Terry 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There may well be hundreds if not thousands of legal cases the Watchtower Society lost on the local level (Elders in Kingdom Halls) which carried

a settlement which included a gag order with the damages in settlement.

I'm little doubtful of that for most JWS are relatively poor and not well educated to handle a law suit.

The WTS. on the other hand has the money to spend on lawyers.

And yes I can see if any suits were filed against the WTS. that their lawyers would try to settle out of court with a gag order

attached, again the most important thing to the WTS. and its supporting and protecting servants is the organization's public image.

Its all important to sanctify and protect God's solemnly chosen earthly organization the Watchtower Corporation.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

It SEEMS unreasonable that if you share a dissenting view, but publicly state you still want to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses.......that they would legally be able to enforce communal shunning that cuts you off from friends and love ones under threat of them themselves being shunned.

It SEEMS like a human right violation legally speaking because of the severity.

It SEEMS like harrasment, and them infringing on life, love, and the pursuit of happiness.

It SEEMS like letters written about you from one congregation to another, which very well may contain libel, and other files kept on you, should be available to you in the USA.

None of this however seems to actually be allowed in practice. Either someone rich enough to combat free legal representation the society uses their means to drag it out and put these theories to the test, or we may never know. Look how many failed suits there were against Scientology because it is a "religion". And Scientology quite frankly makes JW's seem totally sane. Forced abortions, forced divorce, space opera, unsubstantiated claims abounding, physical abuse......I mean what a mess.

I read a book recently that spoke about conditions at one of the Scientology "bases" where people were being beaten up and living in bad conditions. The sentence that stuck with me is this.

"People there were not being held against their will as one would think, rather it was ther will that held them there."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Clarity makes a good point though outsiders have no conceived perception how devastating being DFed can be for a person.

The Wts. conducts itself outside the guidelines of the bible many times, thats easy to see and it also apparent concerning its DFing policy.

The ones that they are pointing the finger at as being evil are less evil themselves and to greater extent for their lack of scriptural support

and the emotional harm they cause these people..

Thats the thing about religion though is that it can construct its own inherent laws and live from those subscribed laws to its own expressive will.

The consequences may not be fair and equally just from general social perspective but men who seek power and control are not

thinking about that are they ?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Hence, imperfect. Lots of people slip through the cracks.

It's perfect for the people it lures and imperfect for the people it doesn't. The ones caught have their free will impinged upon because they were secretly emotionally lured rather than openly rationally enticed. The Watchtower tailors their message to suit the needs of the believer in turmoil. The people they DO convert with their methods are rendered unable to escape. They seek out the emotionally vulnerable and fill their void with an artificial support system for just enough time to convert them into a drone. Eventually the honeymoon phase ends and they are working hard for the mother organization along with the people who converted them.

You mean like Waco? Sure, like that will work. I am glad we have a government that does not infiltrate religions looking for reasons to shut them down.

No guns, I am talking about actually going through their system and getting baptized. Just secretly record the whole process and report back after 6 months. That would be all the evidence you need to convict the organization of defrauding their membership with mental coercion. Are you saying they ARE a religion? Because they certainly are NOT.

-Sab

• Terry
    Terry

I recently finished the book on Scientology and L.Ron Hubbard and I too recoiled at the testimony of the higher ups who escaped only to

suffer harrassment, phony lawsuits, trumped up criminal charges and constant surveillance by the "church" of Scientilogy.

GOING CLEAR was the title.

The parallel of being "declared" (disfellowshipped) and being shunned was restimulative of the JW experience.

Interestingly, it was after reading these accounts I got the epiphany that there is a snowball effect in such "defections" of members.

A Scientologist who is disaffected and who wants to leave is scared. But, when they read about another Scientologist who has escaped and has gone public it strengthens them to go also.

The insiders are not allowed to use the Internet or read newspapers in much the same suppressive control as JW's.

They are watched and reported if they get too curious!

The point of me bringing Scientology into this Topic is for this reason.

Scientology has been losing members rapidly since the defections and whistleblowing has gone viral.

In about the year 2000 it was claimed that 7 to 8 million people claimed to be Scientologists.

Today the number is closer to 55 thousand!

The bad publicity, the first hand accounts by defectors, the creepy responses by church apologists and the availability of Internet evidence

has created a CONVERGENCE.

I have no reason to believe a similar convergence would not impact the Watchtower image and reputation just as severely!

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Shunning is a form of ostracism and ostracism is emotional abuse and emotional abuse is a crime

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

I still wanna have a beer with you.....if I EVER get to Texas.........

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

ALSO...civil rights laws guarantee.... FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION.....No-one can coerce, intimidate, or prevent you from FREE association with ANYONE else!!!!

WT Don't believe in that!

Crime is comitted when elders come to you and say "we will DF you for continuing to associate with...SO and SO...

• Terry
    Terry

Aye, there's the rub!

Getting you to buy in to mind control is half the battle.

• clarity
    clarity

Finkel ..... thanks for your comment sometimes I get

the feeling my words are landing in the dead air zone

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit