DFing....Human Rights Violation and DEFAMATION of character?

by Terry 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I hate to rain on people's legal parade but I see no human rights violations or defamation of character.

So on which day did you sell your soul to the devil?

-Sab

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It would be easy to assume that occasionally Elders would over extend their position of power and control within their congregation

on certain situations. Got to keep in mind also they are just controlled little peons for the lawyers and GB at HQ.

• sabastious
    sabastious

In 1948 in Palais de Chaillot, Paris a document was created called the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights." Here are the articles that are breached by the Watchtower's shunning policy:

- All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

- Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

- No one shall be held in slavery or servitude; slavery and the slave trade shall be prohibited in all their forms.

- No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.

- Everyone has the right to recognition everywhere as a person before the law.

- No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.

- The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State.

- Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.

- Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

- Everyone has the right to freedom of peaceful assembly and association.

- No one may be compelled to belong to an association.

- Everyone has the right freely to participate in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and its benefits.

Shunning flies in the face of human rights and it doesn't take a political scientist to figure it out.

-Sab

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I never sold my soul to any devil. Rather, I learned about power so I could wield it for the benefit of people and myself

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

- The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State.

- Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.

- Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

Well there's certainly a few that the WTS. breaks and disregards.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I like winning court cases. Don't you? I've suggested one scenario that I think is easily winnable; challenge the termination of a disfellowshipped employee from a Witness place of business.

Disfellowshipping itself I think, is too tough to crack.

Why not support exiting Witnesses in understanding that this sort of "judicial action" has no power in the courts, and most definitely does not have any divine power. Stop attending the darn things. Don't respond to elder's invitations. Refuse to write a DA letter. None of it has any clout.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Shunning flies in the face of human rights and it does take a political scientist to figure it out _____SAB

I agree Sab,

But the WTS corporation hide under the guise of a " religion " where they have the freedom to do so

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Rather, I learned about power so I could wield it for the benefit of people and myself

Cliquey.

But the WTS corporation hides under the guise of a religion where they have the freedom to do so

I understand, but it's not like some person on the street can register a religion and then start breaking laws. What if I made a religion that taught it was OK to drive recklessly? Would I then be able to use my religion against the traffic cop that pulls me over? I don't see how the Watchtower can get away with essentially the same thing, but for twelve decades. I really don't understand how they can be so lawless out in the open. It's dumbfounding to me.

-Sab

• wasblind
    wasblind

I really don't understand how they can be so lawless out in the open. It's dumbfounding to me.

-Sab

It's a religion . look at all the labor laws they break in regaurds to small children

On thursday Nights I would see so many sleepy toddlers that should have already been in bed

and the older children havin' to finish up school projects

Instead their in a bussiness meetin' on how to peddle mags

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its my belief concerning the WTS. and its DF policy in how and why it got started was when J Rutherford

started to get a lot of vocal opposition toward his leadership, his personal behavior within the org. and even toward expressed doctrines.

Since this religious organization was developed upon weakly devised doctrines from C T Russell with a long list of failed proclamations

this naturally encouraged the eventual development of a policy of having a watchful eye on everyone who associated themselves with the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit