One Partaker

by Jourles 36 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

Excellent narrative, Jourles.

As I missed my memorial—something more important came up—it was good to read about yours. The speaker expressed a brand new level of arrogance and audacity. The nerve to say that none should partake! I guess the WTS is teaching the elite how to read hearts, now. Of course, their worldwide numbers have to be controlled (read "rigged"), so we know all about that.

Ever figure out who the partaker was? Do they post here?

• Xander
    Xander

Yeah, but, as has been pointed out before, what happens when they finally get none to partake...

...and the end doesn't come?

OOPS

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana
  • lostmyself
    lostmyself

your post was quite brilliantly written.... mine probably won't be as vivid... but nonetheless......

I was in a congregation that one might say was quite blessed..... I went to a congregation a few years ago that had roughly 100 publishers and on a good day i would say only about 60-70 attending. Anyhow, you never knew who would be coming out of the woodwork when memorial came around. I remember going to memorial and thinking that i had attended a different kingdom hall. Anyhow, the point of my story...

One year, out of several, i remember seeing more and more crackers on plates being arranged and more and more glasses of wine up on the table. It always looked we were going to have a great big slosh fest with all the glasses of wine arranged up there. The question always was, "who's not partaking this year." I remember having local needs talk earlier that month just to ward off the "crunching" during the memorial. Heck,... even as a kid i remember thinking why don't the save anything for me??? Why can't i have a cracker? Anyhow... the all time high count for my itty bitty congregation was five. It may sound like it is an exaggeration, but i swear it...

I'll have to find out if they topped it this year... but just reminded me of a few memories....

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns
    Once the "celebration" was over and everyone was partied out...

Absolutely priceless.. LOL!

An excellent description of the occasion and the shock and horror of an unexpected partaker. I am disgusted that they would not count the individual and these people make a mockery of their own imaginary beliefs.

I would so LOVE to see a video of LISA partaking and the crowd's reaction and a big "what are you all looking at" glare from her. Go for it.

Path

• LB
    LB

At my old hall there was an inactive baptized sister that always partook. But she said she didn't feel good so during the memorial 2 elders would have to drive up to her house and give her the emblems. They'd bitch and moan about it, but they always went.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• julien
    julien

Wouldn't it be funny to quietly pull out a bag of doritos and start crunching.. Then when everyone gets all up in arms and horrified and crane necks around just point to the bag and give a big grin.

• Denz
    Denz

Hello all, Its so sad that what the watchtower is really telling people is not to partake because they are not in a new covenant with Jesus. The ransom sacriface only covers the 144,000, not the "other sheep". So according to their doctrine Jesus didn't die for us at all. This is so sad because the Bible says he died that we might live. There are many scriptures that express this thought! I am so glad that I know that Jesus died for me that I might be saved, and I don't have to depend on the watchtower for my salvation. Everyone keep up the good work. Best wishes

• teejay
    teejay

It always looked we were going to have a great big slosh fest with all the glasses of wine arranged up there. The question always was, "who's not partaking this year." I remember having local needs talk earlier that month just to ward off the "crunching" during the memorial. Heck,... even as a kid i remember thinking why don't the save anything for me??? Why can't i have a cracker?

Absolutely hilarious, lostmyself. Had me cracking up!

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

This post was excellent. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to share it with my hubby tomorrow so he could laugh as I did.

• Kiwikid
    Kiwikid

I have chosen to simply fade away, Memorial always bored me.
    Prior to being Baptised I spent 20 years in Christendom. Only 1 Possibly 2 groupings (Roman Catholic and Anglican) use bread as the elders describe. EVERY other uses plain bread! = another Lie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit