One Partaker

by Jourles 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Xander
    Xander

pull out a bag of doritos ...just point to the bag and give a big grin.

Oooh, better....picture the scene...corny 80s fun-pop tune playing as the memorial plates are passed among the people in the row in front of you. Suddenly, a loud crunch is heard! Everyone is up in arms!

Then, the person in front of you turns around - smiles and gives you the 'Mentos thumbs-up'.

Everybody smiles and has a good laugh.

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana
  • Billygoat
    Billygoat

Jourles,

Awesome post! A few of us in Dallas thought it might be fun to go to the Memorial and ALL of us partake. Haha! Wouldn't that get 'em going. But we decided to have the Aposta-Crawfest instead. Mudbugs are better than the cheap wine and bread they serve anyway.

Andi

• Jourles
    Jourles

Thanks for the responses folks. I never thought of myself as being a "vivid" illustrator in writing - I am not sure where this post came from! I guess I should take more time in writing my posts from now on! With this last memorial, the scenes were still fresh in my mind and away I wrote. I will try to provide a report from the two-day assembly this weekend if there is anything new(there probably will not be).

I would like to contribute more, but with my time, I could really only give fredhall one-liner responses, and that is not me. Again, thanks for the nice comments and I will try to provide some info on the CA this weekend. I will try and remember to bring my digital audio recorder just in case something is said that is worth rementioning.

• YeshuaInMeAlways
    YeshuaInMeAlways

Hello all,

You know, as an Evangelical Christian, it pains me so much to see these poor people constantly manipulated and told that they are not worthy of GOD's affection. Jesus said, "I have come that you might have LIFE, and have it more abundantly." He also said, "I am the light of the world. He that believeth in me shall not parish but have eternal life." And of corse my favorite story, encapsulating the limitless acceptance and love that GOD offers, is that of the thief on the cross. He simply talked to Jesus and asked him to "remember" him when Jesus came into His kingdom, and Jesus welcomed him gladly. Of corse when talking to a rank-and-file JW, the programming of the WT will kick in and have them believe that those words were not written to all people. But all it takes is a simple study of the Bible (without the "help" of the decieving WT publications) to see that GOD did in fact write the BIBLE to ALL people, EVERYWHERE.

I went to a memorial one time with a friend of mine. No one in the memorial was smiling, or showed any signs of joy. It seemed that everyone was simply going through the motions of passing the bread and the wine. And the format was much the same as was stated in earlier posts. The elder giving the talk said something like, "Jehova did not intend all to partake. Only those that he deems worthy. Those that do partake who are not of the chosen 144,000 will surely be punished..."

This is a message of unworthiness and judgement, given without authority nor appropriate reason. This message says that GOD does not love all people, but rather seems to be more like Zeus in his moods of rampant judgement and ridicule of his people, which is DRASTICALLY THE OPPISITE OF HOW GOD TRULY IS, AND WHAT HIS HEART IS FOR ALL HUMANS.

I have shed many tears for my friends that are JWs. I hope and pray that they will see GOD in his true beauty, and the FREEDOM that HE offers from rules, organizational opression, and human-concieved ideas that are so common in the WT. The fact is that HE offers tremendous peace, freedom, and fulfillment in Jesus.

I know this might sound like church propaganda, but I'm honestly trying to speak from my heart. Take it or leave it.

GOD bless all, and keep being the salt.

YeshuaInMeAlways

• troucul
    troucul

lol...the menthos thumbs up...that's funny

"THE FRESHMAKA"

• Xander
    Xander

See, that's what I was thinking....liven the memorial up some! Nothing gets to you - stayin' fresh, stayin' cool, you know?

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana
  • yumbby
    yumbby

I can't help but remember with a shudder the memorial every year, as my mom in all her glory would partake. No one had the guts to tell here that they never believed she was annointed, we just got a lot of dirty looks, and we were treated like the crazy family from space. The kids in the hall always made a scene. It was SO embarassing.

• LDH
    LDH

bttt

Too good to let die just yet.

Lisa

Jourles if you haven't already you need to cut and paste this and save it on your hard drive.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

bttt

did you ever meet the cracker muncher?

lisa

• Jourles
    Jourles

Wow - what a post to drag back up from the dead. This happened almost 5 years ago! I never did hear who the df'd person was. In fact, I didn't really go out of my way to meet many other witnesses outside of my old congregation.

I don't know any df'd/da'd folks from the Lansing area. There has got to be some, but I don't know of any.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit