greatest show on earth

by unstopableravens 273 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Brown
    James Brown

On carbon dating

They don't have anything that is millions of years old so they guess on the age.

They guess on the dates and then when they make a guess based on their faulty reasoning

they calibrate their system of analysis.

They have nothing that is older than the biblical age of the earth and they take their erroneous

guesses and piggy back them until everything is out of proportion and most everyone is confused.

Its all conjecture which ends with a story of earth and life millions of years old and life from a

common ancestor.

• cantleave
    cantleave

They don't have anything that is millions of years old so they guess on the age.

No they don't they use another isotope!

• cofty
    cofty

James your ignorance of science is getting embarrassing now.

I gave you a link to a paper written by a christian specifically to help other christians get over your sort of misconceptions.

Please do yourself a favour and read it...

• cantleave
    cantleave

Here are James - do some real research, OK wiki-research, but it is actually a good article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiometric_dating

• cantleave
    cantleave

James,

You might do well reading Dawkins book for children, it seems to be the level you need.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cant leave: i have read it, i gave some honest thoughts, i have stated a few times, the dna science stuff is a new area for me, as is shown many times, if a person gives a view differnt than what you expect they hate truth and are blind, sounds like a religion i know lol cofty i have read it, sorry im not trying to refute something i dont have full knowlegde of, i mentioned fossels before,i wanted to discuss this before and its my fault i had to go to work, my point is for me to refute it i need to see the oppisite side and from there i can see which side is factual, i had mentioned some things and my thoughts were quicky of not much value, as i did i agree i went to a few differnt places. i wanted to start at the foundation of the book, because i think the foundation effects everything else, cantleave you seem to want ppl to give there own rebuttal ,but that is hard for someone who has not spent alot of time in that field, it seems even mr dawkins thinks that wrong ideas dont deserve the same amount of time as true ideas, so maybe thats why ppl who disagree with evolution dont spend that much time with it, either way i have read the book.

• cofty
    cofty

Unstop - of all the many pieces of inter-connected evidence for evolution that Dawkins presents in the book was there any that caught your attention?

Did it clear up any of your misunderstandings about evolution?

Do you have any specific objections to evolution that are still unanswered?

• James Brown
    James Brown

But I do know that you can not know the unknowable.

Define unknowable? How do you know the processes by which life came into existence are "unknowable.

I'll go out on the ledge and say they are unknowable today.

Someday they may be knowable, but not today.

If you know how life came into existence, your special.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Isn't the joy of inquiry worth it in itself?

• James Brown
    James Brown

Here are James - do some real research, OK wiki-research, but it is actually a good article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiometric_dating

cant leave You attack me and tell me to read childrens books

Are you telling me there is something on the above wikipeda page you suggest I read that proves the earth is

millions of years old. And if so please post the paragraph for me.

I have read it and cant find it. You want me to do research show me where carbon dating proves the earth is millions of years

old. I know how it works and getting to a date of millions of years is flawed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit