Why Did You Get Baptised

by God_Delusion 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• rebel8
    rebel8

I was pressured into it.

All they cared about is that I got dunked, not what I felt or thought.

I even said during the prep I wasn't sure the teachings were right and I wasn't ready. During the part where you stand up in front of everyone and affirm to the statements, I said, "No!"

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I was 13 and felt an overwhelming feeling to serve god and thought the end was SOOOOO CLOSE. Plus I was making my mom and close friends really proud. I wasn’t pressured into it. I thought it was my “obligation” to Jehoober.

My wife, “Dazeds Better Half” – told me recently that she got baptized because she thought she had to in order to date me as she related on the first page of this topic. I was raised by and OOBER JW and became a fanatical oober JW.

I even considered going to Bethel with her to live out the last few years of “this old system of things” TM . This was before we had kids and way before I woke up.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

In case it was the truth. I was the only one that wasn't baptized among my siblings. Figured it wouldn't be that bad...I was wrong.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

During the part where you stand up in front of everyone and affirm to the statements, I said, "No!"

Ha, wow, rebel8, you've earned your name. Did anyone seem to notice your "No"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit