Noah's Ark and I'm a dumbass

by new22day 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• new22day
    new22day

Walking down memory lane today and recalled a convo with my ex about Noah's Ark. (I made all the rookie mistakes when talking to my ex about JW stuff -sigh.) I think I said something like 'if you believe in Noah's Ark take the cat and a mouse from the backyard for a drive around the block and let me know how it goes. lol.

He told me I needed to grab a freaking education because Noah's Ark had been found and it was defintely real. Sigh - I can't believe I wasted 2 years of my life with that man. :(

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    He told me I needed to grab a freaking education because Noah's Ark had been found and it was defintely real.

If anything like that ever happens again, just force them to promise to provide evidence to prove it and to agree to a time limit to come up with it.

• Perry
    Perry

It's interesting to me how some scientists believe in the evidence of mars being covered in water

And then with a straight face, claim that an earthly global flood is impossible.

Christianity and science are inextricably intertwined. A Global Flood point of view was only recently rejected by many and was specifically predicted that scoffing at such would be a viable sign indicating the approaching or nearness of Christ's return.

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, ...saying, ... for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation [modern uniformitarianism belief]. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that ...the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: - 2 Peter 3

• rebel8
    rebel8

Noah's Ark may be the most easily disproven Bible story.

During my post-dub years someone told me it wasn't true. I was shocked! Then I looked it up--there is a ton of evidence disproving every aspect of the flood story.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

Noah's Ark may be the most easily disproven Bible story.

• cantleave
    cantleave

@ Perry

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"Noah's Ark" has been found !

Well, a structure that some claimed was it, way up Mount Ararat. Turns out it was not what was claimed of course. More than likely some people trying to prove the Noah story, or perhaps an early attempst at a theme park ? LOL

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

It's interesting to me how some scientists believe in the evidence of mars being covered in water

I know, right? It you learned some science it would be even more interesting!

Christianity and science are inextricably intertwined.

Agreed. Science has proven so many tenets of the Bible wrong, we'll be talking about how much of a fail Christianity is for years.

• cofty
    cofty

Perry - Defending biblical literalism requires precisely the same skills as those needed to defend the Watchtower.

An ability to ignore inconvenient facts is top of the list.

• Perry
    Perry
    Agreed. Science has proven so many tenets of the Bible wrong

Such as?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit