Noah's Ark and I'm a dumbass

by new22day 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Perry - Your comments on the link and the image I posted please.

Don't ask questions and ignore answers.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Asking questions and introducing new information while ignoring answers is Perry's M.O. on this site. That's why I won't try to engage him any more.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

This thread needs an "Oh Dear"

OH, DEAR

hb

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Perry, scientists never say it was covered with water as in, it was all water on the surface. When they say covered with water they mean it had rivers and seas.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Perry says ...A Global Flood point of view was only recently rejected by many and was specifically predicted that scoffing at such would be a viable sign

indicating the approaching or nearness of Christ's return.

Its actually been more scoffed at because of known sciences such as the earth's geological evolution, biology, physics and a bit rational assuming logic.

Christian scientist only selectively draw out bits of information to support and substantiate their own position, a bias predisposition.

When you think about they do exactly the same thing when they extrapolate selectively from the bible to support a set doctrine that they are trying uphold.

• mP
    mP

@Perry

Im not going to attempt that refute there may have been a flood i will however focus on other problems with the account.

How exactly does one fit every a pair (lets keep this simple) of every single species on earth, along with their food requirements ? Given problems like segragating carnivores and so on, how does one achieve all that in such a small boat. Anybody attempting to build a zoo that could house that many animals in minimal comfort would never approach a large population.

If the world was covered, that would mean the land would become salted and ruined forever which would mean immediately after the water disappeared there would be nothing to eat. This is a basic fact.

Another problem with the story is you cant build a wooden ship that big. There are articles all over th net that tell what happens when you hit a critical size with a wooden boat. The wood bends, leaks and so on. This the reason why we never saw gigantic wooden ships, only once steel became used, did ships immediately jump to a much larger size.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, ...saying, ... for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation [modern uniformitarianism belief]. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that ...the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: - 2 Peter 3

I LOVE THIS VERSE!

It is so freaking STOOPID

First, make some realy daft predictions that involve past present and future events, then also add that when people scoff at the nonsense that such scoffing proves the first nonsense correct indeed!

Oz

• wolfman85
  • return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Perry! I have asked many times, and you have not answered. What is the name of your African Grey parrot?

BTW, how did Noah get African grey parrots to the ark?

Parakeet.

• cofty
    cofty

Wolfman - are you recommending Walt Brown's pseudo-science?

Take the bible out of the picture and the history of the planet is understood in tremendous detail. Science knows very exactly when and how earth was formed and the many geological epochs of its history. Multiple interconnected scientific disciplines independently confirm precisely the same facts.

The only problem is if somebody has committed a priori to a literal interpretation of a blatantly flawed ancient book that was written in a pre-scientific age. Then it becomes necessary to deny mountains of evidence and take the word of a religiously motivated computer scientist over everything that centuries of scientific research has discovered.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit