My mom unfriended me on Facebook...

by dazed but not confused 37 Replies latest social relationships

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Does anyone know what publication said recently something about "You shouldn't have to choose between your family and a religion?" They are so hypocritical in their double standards.

I'd like the show her that little gem some time and ask her why it should be different with JW's

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Awake! July 2009 p. 29. "No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family."

To keep the peace with my mom, I never bring up religion. Much of the time when she brings something up, I can ignore it. But if she makes an issue of it, I'm always armed to the teeth to defend myself. My family dynamics are that Dad is still an elder, but very disillusioned and rather glad that I'm getting on with life "outside" the craziness. My siblings are also faded, and we get along much better now than we ever did when we were "in". The rest of my close family is "in", must most are also disillusioned.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Thanks Billy. I will have to learn to bite my lip if I want to keep some peace.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Tell her if that's the way it is you're gonna take her off your christmas card list.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

what strikes me as odd, (but it shouldn't with our knowledge of dubs), is that they act first and then ask questions later. I used to joke that during the great trib, can u at least talk to me before u throw me outside. They are so trained to just toss friends and family under a bus and then check for accuracy later. I used to think there was no way a person could break the bond between a mother and her children, but the WT has broken that bond. it's sick

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

what strikes me as odd, (but it shouldn't with our knowledge of dubs), is that they act first and then ask questions later.

Yep. Thats the way it always is. I suppose I was the same way as a dub

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Dazed...if your mom seeks other's opionion on Ray Franz, chances are you'll be unfriended a second time! In the eyes of old-timers JWs, Ray Franz was the epitomy of apostates...he was blamed for some of the flaky teachings resulting for apostates infiltrating the WT society...

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

NVR2L8 - Yeah I considered that.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Also my wife is FB friends with her and she checked and was still friends with her.

I am disfellowshipped, whilst my wife faded. My mother pretty much shuns me but keeps tabs on me by being facebook friends with my wife, which I find very irritating.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

which I find very irritating.

In the past 2 years I have found EVERYTHING about the Borg "very irritating." Including their followers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit