My mom unfriended me on Facebook...

by dazed but not confused 37 Replies latest social relationships

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Your mom unfriended you because you read a book?!? And she did this without bothering to talk to you about it first!

Hmmm, I don't suppose she gave two seconds though to how this sounds ...

Banned books

• 00DAD
  • 00DAD
  • 00DAD
  • skeeter1
    skeeter1

Did you ever see the movie "Worlds Apart"? It's all about a JW family. Look it up on Youtube. There is a scene where a worldly man is "dating" a JW girl, and the JW girl meets up with her disfellowshipped brother whom she hasn't spoken with for a very long time. The worldy man inquires and she retorts that "he read a book." I will not give away the rest of the scene. . . .

Skeeter

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

And she did this without bothering to talk to you about it first!

Yeaaaahhhh, pretty pathetic huh?

And I just checked, still no friend request from her, not that I really care. I may ignor it. She never did comment or hit like anytime I posted pics and videos of her grandkids, even when I tagged her in the photo. She only seems to "like" makeup promos and airline adds? Shes a bit wakkie.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Yes Skeeter, Worlds Apart is a fantastic movie. Of course it is banned in JW-land!

• LV101
    LV101

dazed --- hang in there and walk the highwire for awhile w/ma. It's not worth the emotional drain/strain --- so distressing whenever I open my mouth about the cult (and I haven't even begun!). There's got to be a way we can defend ourselves against this criminal brainwashing that leads to shunning the cult does.

I hate that religion --- keep your eye on the cheese (relationship w/ma out of there) and you might win in the end.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

He should friend "World's Apart" on Facebook. That would really get her going.

Skeeter

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I will have to watch it when I get a chance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit