I Got disfellowshiped..wana die!

by Chichi89 79 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am relieved, chichi, that you came back to touch base. Please do stay in touch. I get great pleasure in watching young people grow and mature to independence.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Chichi89, I am glad that you made it through the first wave of depression after being Df'ed. Keep on posting how you feel on JWN, and go out and have fun with your BF to meet new non-JW friends to replace your conditional JW friends and family.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• nugget
    nugget

The purpose of disfellowshipping is to bully you into conforming. They want you to feel bad, humilated and depressed and they bank on holding your family hostage so that you return feeling contrite. Take time to think about what you really want and see this as an opportunity to re-evaluate your life and educate yourself about this organisation. Take a breather from the meetings and give your family some space too. You need to recover emotionally from the trauma and facing the humilation and ostracism will cause you to feel depressed and anxious.

You are not a bad person, and you know from your own experience that there are loving, supportive people who are not witnesses who can help you. You describe your boyfriend as a loving and good man and hopefully he can help you through this. You can make contact with people who were friends in the past. People are in general more forgiving and accepting than we give them credit for.

Disfellowshipping gives you a unique opportunity to think for yourself. It is not a bad thing it is a chance to breathe and establish what direction you plan to follow and take control of your life probably for the first time.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Chi I left 47 years ago.

Best move my wife and I made. Made new friends.....good ones. Started a family....... a good one.......... filled with laugter and love . My wife and I have loved one another for fifty years. We have prospered, we have grandchildren, we help them live a better life, we make them laugh, we educate them, we watch Tel-a-tubies together, Thomas the Train (american cartoons). We live a nornal life, the grandchildren will get higher eduation. I have made sure about that. I will be long gone by then...it is what we do.

So suck it up the way you had to on the soccer field............. The game does not end when you get knocked down. You were playing for a losing team now you have a chance to win a piece of your own life.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Chichi- glad you are rallying. We have lost far too many to suicide after DFing. And many of us here came very close but managed to survive. We understand. It may not be obvious now, but in a few years you will look back and see this as a branch in the road. This can be an opportunity for change. Loss is incredibly painful, but you can build anew. There are many, many are like you - who have used the turning point to build something better. Good luck. Keep moving forward. You can do it.

• whathappened
    whathappened

You will survive this. Time will make it better. Go find friends that will love you unconditionally.

I was df'd for about a year and a half and was stupid enough to get reinstated. I should have stayed out and made a life for myself.

• UN informed
    UN informed

Rejoice!

They sre not friends, and you have been released from their prison. I was baptized for 45 years, my wife for 47. Being disfellowshipped was the very BEST thing that ever happened to us.

never look back.

brant

• dinah
    dinah

ChiChi, I got df'd when I was 18. I felt like NO one on earth loved me. Looking back, it's the best thing that ever happened to me. I was born in to the religion. I spent 15 years feeling like I was bad. THEN, I found this place and had a re-think about the Witnesses. It helped me to see other people actually vocalizing the exact things that I was thinking what bothered me about the organization. The hardest part is losing your belief system. But even that part gets better.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

UN Informed----->Welcome to you your wife and your 3 smart kids that came out with you! JW's 7 1/2 million minus 5 good people! Yay!

Start a new thread and tell us more. Elders, pioneers, Bethelites...You have lots to share!

ChiChi----->I am so glad you are here with us on JW.net.

Just Lois in The North Pacific

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

It is really cult, no second thought about that. Take heart ChiChi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit