When You Went Door to Door, Did You Ever Go to Any Famous Peoples Homes?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 39 Replies latest jw friends

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Oubliette... Don't you just love "normal" people? lol They are so polite. lol

"Comes to the door with the phone, says he can't talk now... then the phone rings". lol lol

Cool signature.

LL

FoundSheep ... Who was the KKK activist and can you say which state???

Were you at Woodstock???

LL

PS... Pontoon. Are you from LA or the Valley??? PM me if you'd like.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Hi LL...there were others, but I would have to put on my thinking cap to get some more names...the ones I gave came off the top of my head. I don't remember the Nelson family rumor, but I did used to see Ricky Nelson frequently when I worked at the Ralph's grocery store in W. Hollywood.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Sorry...double post

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

We had some pretty famous people, yes. I could top everyone but tenyearsafter, but I can't give such identifying information. They were nice or polite when they came to the door.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

My Mom talked to Kevin Butler and he also accepted the literature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Butler_(American_football)

Iamallcool .... Coo. Thanks for the link. His daughter's name is Katie Scarlett Butler. Cute.

JW's are taught that worldlyâ„¢ people are bad association, when in reality, most normal people are... basicly , normal.

It is the judgmental, finger pointing, WT/GB that tells us to stay away from these normal, polite people who take our literature, to kindly, help us out.

I did not realize that until I woke up to TTATT.

I was only threatened with a gun once, in the d2d work, lol, I can honestly say, normal neighbors put up with a lot, with door knocking, door bell ringing, earnest JW's trying to "share" a thought from the scriptures.

Me now... Get off this property and don't come back!.... Is what I would like to say, but they do not know they are sweet innocent drones for WT. So, like normal neighborhood people, I would be polite, take their literature, shut the door, and put said literature in the trash. Christian duty done for the day.

LL

PS I am fading and am left mostly alone, thank goodness. lol

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Lois Lane wrote: "... remember when the rumor started that the Nelson Family (TV show family, son Ricky Nelson also singer , performer) were studying with JW's? ..."

I can answer this one.

I don't know if he actually 'studied' - in the formal sense - but I do know for a fact that Ricky Nelson had a family "friend" who was a JW and I know he was witnessed to. But don't know that it was necessarily a (serious) study. The JW friend was PH1L V0LK was part of Ricky Nelson's Stone Canyon Band and back in the 1960's, Phil had been of Paul Revere and the Raiders.

-Aude.

EDIT TO ADD: You can read Phil's own words about the RickyNelson connection/history here: http://www.philfangvolk.com/rickynelson.html

• watson
    watson

Fang!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

watson wrote: Fang!

Yup.

Oubliette wrote: Steve Yeager, the former catcher for the LA Dodgers.

I had forgotten about him. One of his maids, 'Sol', was a JW. She attended my cong and I used to give her a ride home on Sunday's. Steve or his wife would drop her off before the Sunday meeting.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit