When You Went Door to Door, Did You Ever Go to Any Famous Peoples Homes?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 39 Replies latest jw friends

• karter
    karter

There was a watchtower artical many years ago about 2 bro's calling in Sir Winston Churchill.

Karter.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

LoisLane - when we Skyped you told me you were an Atheist, I am confused, you seem to have fond memories of the Kingdom Hall and field service, so how did you go from active devoted JW to Atheist ? How does that happen ? How do you go from happily attending KH meetings to not believing in God at all ??? And you refer to brothers and sisters ? So I take it you still consider yourself a sister? But you are an Atheist ? How does that work exactly ?? Why ? How ? I see others here say they are agnostic or atheist as well, why is this ?

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Fred Dinenage a local news-reader had the mags every fortnight from me so only famous locally.

In Spain a TV cook was also a neighbour so he had them but not so regularly. I didn't want to lose his friendship.

• cofty
    cofty

Villagegirl - there are a lot of ex-Jws who were once totally sincere in their beliefs who are now atheists. I was a christian for 9 years after the Watchtower before I rejected the notion that faith was a virtue.

Rather than hijack this thread why not start a new one on this question. I am sure many of us would be happy to explain.

• milola
    milola

My ex once told me he went to Jackie Gleasons house. Don't know if it was true or if there was anyone who came to the door.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Many years ago I met Robin Ray the TV presenter. We obviously had got him out of bed, he was wearing a very flamboyant silk dressing gown covered in Chinese style dragons.

I always felt he was expecting someone more exciting, like the milkman.

George

• cantleave
    cantleave

Roger Moore - never answered the door though!

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Well how about this, mind you before my time but we had Hank Marvin ( guitarist with the Shadows) go door to do...i understand he got invited in for quite a few cups of tea....

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Not me, but one of the brothers did talk to Phil Neikro while I was at next door, he accepted the magazines. I was in awe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Niekro

• Laika
    Laika

Alan Whicker. He was an ass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit