You are EVEN ALLOWED TO HAVE SEX with your marriage mate!!

by 2+2=5 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Quote from December 2012 study edition WT, we did it today -

" Even the desire for sexual pleasure with one’s marriage mate is fitting and has its place."

Thanks Faithfull Slave. I can even have sex with my wife and not have to feel guilty. Imagine that! Thanks for the clarification.

Oh. . . . But remember, it has it's place. Be careful it does not become a distraction. Some faithfull servants have found themselves in the position of enjoying to much sexual pleasure, sometimes at the expense of theocratic activities, such as the Family Worship Evening. This is not fitting, and this type of marital bliss does not have it's place in Jehovah's arrangement. If the desire for sex with ones marriage mate becomes the focus of our lives, Jehovah could get jealous. But how can true Christians be sure their sexual relations with their marriage partner are fitting and kept in their right place?

We certainly would want to avoid any intimacy with our partners during Convention and assembly weekends. There is the temptation, especially for brothers, after a long day sitting next to your wife who is wearing her finest modest dress, to get home, have a few wines and just 'relax'. Would this really be the wisest option after a long day at Jehovahs spiritual table? Hardly! We would want to avoid any such situations that could lead to unfitting sexual pleasure with our marriage mate. The wisest option would be to get an early night, and awaken refreshed for another day of theocratic activity, thus keeping sexual pleasures in the right place.

Sorry I'm getting carried away, but 6 months ago I would not even have noticed this. But when I read this in today's WT I just found it really disturbing. It is like every little thing in your life has to be controlled and measured, being careful that we don't make god sad. Some wouldn't see that from this little WT snippet, but that is how it feels to me. They dont define what is out of place or unfitting, but the fact they even feel the need to mention that having sex with your marriage mate is ok (in its place), is crazy. I am going to have sex with my wife before breakfast and after lunch tomorrow, just out of spite. Who am I kidding that is never going to happen, but I am definently going to skip the family worship evening.

• designs
    designs

'It has its place' This reminds me of the 'announcement' the Society made at the Peace On Earth International Assembly for couples to 'not engage in marital relations' as it would make them to tired for the next day's assembly activities. Assemblies then ran to 9:00PM. Pretty ballsie.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

This reminds me of the 'announcement' the Society made at the Peace On Earth International Assembly for couples to 'not engage in marital relations' as it would make them to tired for the next day's assembly activities. Assemblies then ran to 9:00PM. Pretty ballsie.

Your kidding. This religion looks so crazy to the outsiders looking in.

• designs
    designs

As my pioneer partner said when the Society first made oral sex a Disfellowshipping offense 'the brothers want everybody's feet pointing in the same direction'

• Think About It
    Think About It

I'm sure the Governing Body have even received many prayers over the years thanking them for marital sex.

• designs
    designs

Having the face of Knorr pop into your romantic moments was a real mood killer

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Next they will say something like " Not all who marry automatically qualify for sexual privileges. Newly married couples should approach the Elders, these spiritual men will prayerfully consider if such intimate encounters are appropriate, taking into consideration such things as meeting attendance, the quality of their ministry and attitude towards others who are already enjoying sexual pleasures. Jehovah will surely bless all those who cooperate with this loving arrangement"

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Looking at it now once awakened this sort of 'control speak' is obvious. For those still asleep it passes by and serves to reinforce the control (which is exactly what it is designed to do)

• rebel8
    rebel8

"Even the desire for sexual pleasure with one’s marriage mate is fitting and has its place."

Thanks Faithfull Slave. I can even have sex with my wife and not have to feel guilty. Imagine that! Thanks for the clarification.

I'm sorry 2+2=5, you have misinterpreted that quote. It says desire is fitting. It does not license you to do the nasty.

• blondie
    blondie

Has its place per the WTS

“Money has its place, but it is not everything,” says a youth named Matthew. “It should never be put ahead of our family or Jehovah.”

While recreation has its place, it should be controlled.—Ecclesiastes 3:4.

So the Bible shows that “bodily training,” such as we get in sports, has its place.

The form of love mentioned here is not the sexual kind, which, of course, has its place.

Although preaching informally has its place, the door-to-door ministry is still one of the most effective ways of reaching others.

It is no accident that the Bible often likens anger to a fire. Like fire, it has its place.

Used cautiously and intelligently, credit indeed has its place.

Though sex has its place within marriage, that is not to suggest that it is everything or that the sexual appetite can go unrestrained.

But what about fast dancing?’ ask some youths. It has its place. For example, the Bible shows that King David felt such deep joy after returning the sacred ark of the covenant to Jerusalem that he was “dancing around . . . with all his power.”

Some equate discipline with spanking. And, indeed, at times physical punishment has its place.

Surely, attention to one’s physical appearance has its place. But

Did you know that the Bible says “bodily training,” such as we get in sports, has its place? It is good for us. But

Excitement has its place, and we should keep it in its place. It can easily get out of hand and cause us to lose proper perspective, with harm to ourselves.

Human knowledge, though accompanied by painful realizations about the limited use to which it can be put due to circumstances and a short life-span, also has its place, so that we do well to acquire a measure of it. But

Of course, relaxation has its place. But

Yes, we do need some money, and enjoyment has its place. However

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit