Why do Jw's have to pay for CO's expenses?

by nolongerconfused 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nolongerconfused
    nolongerconfused

this is something that has always bothered me!

Why do rank and file have to pay for CO's DO's expenses, car, health insurance, meals, etc, etc...?

Didn't the apostle Paul say that ALL Christians have to be self sufficient and work?, not depending on anyone else and cause a burden?

UGH!

• Mum
    Mum

I always wondered the same thing, but secretly. The only reason I know is that every movement has its elite who live off the labors of the lowly.

Regards,

SandraC

• clarity
    clarity

Nolonger......

When I was being hoodwinked by the witnesses, I was

so impressed by 'no passing of the collection plate",

and no paying the preacher...why even Paul made

tents, to support himself!!!!!!

Yeah right!!!!!!!!!!!

clarity

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    even Paul made tents, to support himself

Ummm... is that sort of like a male prostitute? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Yeah, I always wondered about the 'pay expenses' for the CO - or whomever. It was usually explained away as a 'he doesn't have time to work at a job, he is always so busy'.

Whatever.

Regards,

Jim TX

• nolongerconfused
    nolongerconfused

that's the only way they can keep their mind cult control

• label licker
    label licker

And yet in pioneer school the CO specifically said do not be a burden to the congregation and to pull your own load. Next sentence was but if someone wants to help you and pay for a tank of gas or give you money then that's ok too.

• nolongerconfused
    nolongerconfused

also

why are jw's paying for the GB's place to stay, meals, clothes, and a caregiver to wipe their asses?

• blondie
    blondie

Was Paul the rule or the exception?

• dog is god
    dog is god

The Corporation will always take it out of employees paychecks when they can.

• Londo111
    Londo111

The one thing as well is all the money COs rake in via cash gifts every visit. When my grandfather told me he gave the CO something like $100, I told him why he didn't give that to struggling single sister instead... I don't think he got my point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit