May tv.jw.org program

by zophar 172 Replies latest jw friends

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

This reminds me of something:

Anyone remember in the 80's the change in the USA from charging for literature at the door to the new 'donation' arrangement? Many of us KNEW the real reason, because the government was going to start taxing sales made by 'charitable organizations', but the society passed it off as a ' loving new arrangement'. It was, surprise! only in the USA that this change occurred, but it was still a 'loving new arrangement.'

Even those of us who knew, forgave it quickly, as if the society was our spoiled brat child, 'oh, aren't they cute.'

• done4good
    done4good

It was 1990, actually.

d4g

• done4good
    done4good

I wasn't trying to be a smarta$$...Once again my post was cut off. This really needs to be fixed, Simon...

d4g

• done4good
    done4good
    Yes, this was because a civil case was brought against Jimmy Swaggart over sales tax. The legal precedent had been set, and WT knew their time was limited.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yeah, O'l Jimmy Swaggert!!! The WTBTS went to bat in his defense!

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/jw_jimmy_swaggart.htm

DD

ps. You are welcome!!😁

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Oh c'mon dfg, don't blame Simon you are always $hit stirring. 😉
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Well these guys on the GB are an insult to every rank and file member, this rubber mouth Lett is such a liar and this big money grab by the GB is so insulting to hear this guy make it look so good, I'm afraid this guy the worst liar and he treats his audience as if they are the biggest of fools.

He needs to see a psychiatrist quick he it totally off his faithful and discreet slave rocker.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

And let's not forget that just a couple of months ago, ToMo3 was on the broadcast condemning "higher education". And what was one of the reasons it was so bad? Because people were doing it in an effort to earn more money. How worldly! Such materialism is unacceptable!

So earning more money is bad. Don't go to college. Simplify. Make less money. Rely on jehovah because the end is so near.

But Watchtower needs more money. If they go begging to the rank and file for more money, where are the sheeple supposed to get that money?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Remember that god is all powerful, almighty, and all loving - he just can't handle money.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

B the X said: ToMo3 was on the broadcast condemning "higher education". And what was one of the reasons it was so bad? Because people were doing it in an effort to earn more money. How worldly! Such materialism is unacceptable!

This, right here, shows that the GB are suffering from some kind of psychosis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit