So Your Husband Is Thinking of Becoming A Jehovah's Witness

by LoisLane looking for Superman 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

LozHasLeft,

>>>Whoa, Girl! He was trying to murder you.

As it happened there were people both in the window of a house and some outside it who saw the whole thing and called the police.

>>>Thank goodness, for normal thinking, caring people.

Even with these 5 witnesses, he convinced the elders that I was making it up and faking my bruised face.

>>>He convinced them, or the BOE, couldn't be bothered?

I separated and refused the elders advice to return.

>>>Thank goodness Loz.

He faded out of TT and blamed me.

>>>Of course. Psychopaths always do.

It took around 7 months for the CPS to get him to court, I was called to be a witness with the other 5.

>>> Yay for those good, upstanding citizens, not to be afraid to help you.

I was disciplined for agreeing to go ahead with it,

>>>What? Do those Elders not think God is watching them? (I would try to reason with my husband. Did he not realize God was listening? God was watching? Nothing worked. Then I said, Bro Franz is watching you. Don't you think he is ashamed of your actions? My ex is a psychopath. They do not answer to anyone.) I know all the BOE's around the world, are not psychopaths, but they obey The Watch Tower Society. Thus begs the question: Is The Watch Tower Society's 8 Pope-ettes, psychopaths?

then the elders said that because the 5 witnessess were worldly, their evidence didn't stand up in the eyes of the WTBS.

>>>I know this is their stand. It is wrong on every level. The Elders Secret Hand book … be sure you guys cover over your own sins and your families sins and your friends sins, and remember to keep your mouth shut, and when it comes to police stuff and legal documents and stuff, and stuff like that stuff , don't ask don't tell, that way, when the CO or the DO or the CO and the DO come, we can say, no nothing bad happening here, Bueller…. . Bueller…..

Finally, a couple of days before the trial he pleaded guilty. I took the documents to the elders to prove it.

They didn't acknowledge or apologise and he continued to fade freely.

>>>I am so sorry Loz, you went through such a horrifying event. How are you doing now?

Just Lois

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Wow Lois, I too went back and read your story. I can't even begin to imagine your pain. I am glad you are free from all of your abusers. I know it will never leave you but it sounds like you are in a better place and being free of this cult will help you heal even further. Hang in there! <3

Aunt Fancy,

Thank you for your response.

I am fine, I am happy. I am free!

Just Lois

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

OH Just Lois! You may remember, we shared a common bond in the area of ex-husbands. I was a totally different person back then. I was primarily concerned about being the only female in my family carrying the scarlet "D."

Now? I'd totally claim it was Turret's syndrome that made me run that man over, pour gasoline on him and light that match...

I mean, why drag it out?

Loved your insight! :)

NeverKnew>>>>>You have done so well since you divorced your husband.

Yes. You posted on my thread, in the private section, "If your Husband Was an Elder, What Was His Name For You?"

When your husband beat you up, your neighbors called 911 for you.

It is really encouraging that you are on JW.net, and sharing your life, thoughts and help, with others.

Just Lois

• Think About It
    Think About It

Two rules to a man becoming a Jehovah's Witness.

Rule 1: Give the WTS your brain.

Rule 2: Give the WTS your dick.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    Vacation.

We're going to the assembly. We're staying in the Society Approved Hotel. If there's any free time, We're going out in service. We're eating at the all-you-can-stand buffet with the other friends. Before bedtime, we'll review the newly released publications. Oh, and you need to iron my shirt, get the kids cleaned up, and wash off that spot on my suit coat. And tomorrow, we get to do the same thing all over again! (Dear, how can you be so tired, when the assembly is SOOO uplifting?)

GL TireBiter>>>>>You are a funny lady!

Imagine for your saved up vacation, you get to go to the District Convention! Oh Boy!

What Happens If you Do Not Have An Elder In Your Family

We get to stay in a hotel! But not the up close, can walk to the Convention hotel, not that really nice one. The hotel on the Society's approved list. (You know, the ones they get the biggest kick backs from).

You didn't get your 1st or 2nd or 3rd pick, of hotels? They are booked up? The Elders booked them up already? But we aren't supposed to book anything, until the letter is read at the Hall and our meeting is Friday night. What? You were already booked up Monday night? Oh.

Just Lois

GL Tirebiter>>>>>When I read the rest of your post which is funny and oh so true. I kind of zone out. They are not/were not the happiest of times.

Too much is flooding my memory banks and I don't want to cry, so I am trying to figure out something funny to make the pain go away.

OK OK I got it. What if I say when I first got married, my husband had only old bachelor clothes, with soup stains and boogers on his ties.

Nothing he had, fit him well, did anything for him. No taste, no class, no vision.

He had to get new clothes. He took me where he always shopped. Men's Ware Wear Well. The store was the kind of store where you buy funeral clothes for your relative who isn't going to leave you anything. Just so that you get the picture.

I took him to the main professional men's store in the city and the men there, started turning my pigs ear purse, into something, beautiful.

It might sound silly, but that is one of the things I miss about being divorced. Picking out men's suits, shirts, ties, knowing the brand names that made my ex shine.

There, I feel better.

Vacation shouldn't be about getting dressed up to sit all day in an arena, listening to Bible talks. Husbands, that is not vacation.

Hey Willllmmmmmlmaaaaaa. Have you got our boxed lunches ready? Not just yet, Fred.

( FacePalm ) Shaking head.

Just Lois

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

My ex was a misogynist, I'm not just saying the word, he was, full blown. I didn't know until near the end. The psychological damage was worse than the physical, and you're right he wanted me dead. He swore if I ever left him I'd lose my kids. He was right I have. I lost them to the damage our marriage caused and to the WTBS. I was Dfd for a minor sin about a year later that I told the elders about and repented. They wouldn't believe I was sorry.

That destroyed me completely for a while but the bonus was that I lost all trust in the WTBS and vowed never to return. Following a small cancer and treatment I decided to start living again. I met and married a wonderful worldly man. He is a gift from God. He's helped me to heal and supported and encouraged me through a degree and now we're both on a post grad course. I am surrounded by love through friends and his family. I am very happy. I have learned to live with my mistakes and regrets. I have to, or else the ex would have got his wish entirely.

We can overcome even the most horrific harm done to us if we really want to as you know. Some of us are living proof.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit