So Your Husband Is Thinking of Becoming A Jehovah's Witness

by LoisLane looking for Superman 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Gma Tired2>>>>>Sounds like there is a lot of love in your home. I am glad.

Just Lois

Jgnat >>>>>I always appreciate your views as an intelligent, principled, balanced, Christian, not a JW, but who is supportive of her husband and his religious choice.

This list is abuse.

The Watch Tower Society encourages enforcing this list.

A man, no matter what religion, will listen to his smart wife...if he is smart.

Just Lois

• TD
    TD

Reading that list made me think of Oliver Twist:

"....the law supposes that your wife acts under your direction.'

'If the law supposes that,' said Mr. Bumble, squeezing his hat emphatically in both hands, 'the law is an ass—an idiot. If that's the eye of the law, the law is a bachelor; and the worst I wish the law is, that his eye may be opened by experience—by experience.' "

Mum>>>>>"Apparently the smartest woman is inferior to the most ignorant man". lol

Sounds like The Watch Tower Society and The Taliban think alike. A$$holes.

SandraC...It's all about me :-) You go Girl!

Just Lois

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

You must be obedient to your husband and as the Rules stand right now, if he beats you, it is your fault, you ticked him off. It is expected that a good JW wife will take this abuse and shut up about it. A bad wife will call the Police or call the Elder body and complain. This is considered a humiliation for the man. The Elders will side with your husband against you.

This is spot on Lois. I lived through it. His final attack on me was in a jeep he owned and after punching me in the face he pushed me out of the moving vehicle into the road in temper. As it happened there were people both in the window of a house and some outside it who saw the whole thing and called the police. Even with these 5 witnesses, he convinced the elders that I was making it up and faking my bruised face. I separated and refused the elders advice to return. He faded out of TT and blamed me. It took around 7 months for the CPS to get him to court, I was called to be a witness with the other 5. I was disciplined for agreeing to go ahead with it, the elders said that because the 5 witnessess were worldly, their evidence didn't stand up in the eyes of the WTBS. Finally, a couple of days before the trial he pleaded guilty. I took the documents to the elders to prove it.

They didn't acknowledge or apologise and he continued to fade freely. Loz x

Band>>>>>"The sexual aspects are important because it is obvious to anyone that the genitals of men and women are different. Women need more arousal. God created us this way according to JW belief".

You cannot make your husband share an orgasm, if he does not want to.

You cannot make your husband participate in foreplay, if he does not want to.

You cannot make your husband "wait" for you, especially if his whole game plan was not about you.

You cannot make your husband understand about "love" if it is not in him.

You cannot force your husband to kiss you. If he kisses you like he would kiss his mother, he is not interested in learning.

If he kisses you on the lips, then wipes said lips after, it could be that he does not like you, does not love you and maybe actually hates women.

If he uses you like a hole in the mattress...

I remember a worldly woman, Fran, that I worked with, long ago, telling me she had a new boyfriend and they were enjoying, "getting to know each other". Her comment to me was sex was more important in a relationship than a pair of shoes, and you try the shoes on first, before you buy, don't you? I thought her thinking was reasonable, but with a Watch Tower conscience, I personally, refrained. I did not want to grieve Jehovah's spirit.

The JW/Taliban rules for an Elder/Mullah were made for the man, not the woman.

Just Lois

PS. This Thread is important.

This particular post/rant was for me, getting garbage off of my soul. I am truly sorry if it has offended anyone.

PSS. My belief now, is all adults, must try on their shoes first, before they buy. This is very important!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I can hear your past pain here Lois, so I looked back and just read your story. It is a very sad read. I'm sorry that it all happened to you, and very glad that you are healing now and free from your abusive marriage. He sounds like the misogynist ex I shared nearly 30 years with. You are a brave lady. Stay strong.

Loz x

• tiki
    tiki

lois - i beg to differ - jw's that i have known are notorious tax evaders, non-filers, bad business types - because they all got this thing about being "self-employed" so as to free their time for "more important things" so they start cleaning operations, window-washing, etc.....but have absolutely no knowledge of how to even balance a simple family checkbook, much less run a business.....and then someone somewhere along the line doesn't pay in cash under the table and the irs gets wind of it in their own inimitable fashion, and there is an audit. ignorance is bliss apparently....

but your other observations are spot-on.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Mum just made a stament about sisters who marry bethelites to my hubby at breakfast. Told him in my experience they made lousy husbands. {I have a lot of family who married betelites plus many sisters in my congergations} ONe of the little things I warned my own daughter against She married an beliver and the marriage has only lasted 20 years so far..I love my son-in-law

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

My son-in-law was not a believer he was and still is an unbeliver I must start proofreading

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit