Our Story

by Auntfancy 41 Replies latest jw friends

• perfect1
    perfect1

Thank you so much Aunt Fancy!

I am happy for you getting outand wish you good health.

• ragnarok75
    ragnarok75

Hi Auntfancy,

Hope you'll have plenty of years with your husband and family to enjoy life free from the borg.

Thanks for sharing

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Sorry to be picky, why are you typing so small?

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I am not sure why my type comes out small because I set it at 12pt and on my computer it reads larger but my I Pad it shows up very small. If someone knows what I am doing wrong please let me know how to correct it. Thank you everyone for your kind words and for welcoming me.

Crofty, I hope you continue to stay healthy. I only had to do radiation and I am almost through that. They told me I have a 93% chance that everything will be fine and I will take that since no one is guaranteed 100%.

My husband has read Steve Hassen's first and last book which has helped him in dealing with the ones he has been able to help. I still need to read them and will when things settle down a little. Our therapist has offered us her office if we want to have a support group and maybe that will come with time. We would love to find others in our area to talk to.

Today my husband told his Bible student the real truth. He hasn't been able to meet with him for awhile because both had a lot to do but he could not pass him on to someone else. They are going to meet again and talk some more. It went better than he thought.

Thanks again for your support.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks for opening up to us, Auntfancy. I especially like that your family never wrote you off. I have a similar thing with the non-JW side of my family.
    Strength to you.

• WishingLiz
    WishingLiz

Welcome Aunt Fancy. It's so sad you had to go through that, what a nice ending being able to celebrate Christmas with your family again!

i never thought about it that way before, but it always upset me how concerned they were with whether you we're at the meeting, not how you were, seems obvious, thanks!

So glad you introduced yourself.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

welcome, thankyou for yor story

how interesting that you knowing and telling your husband that you already knew what he was going to say about things you were reading in COC prompted him to look for himself.

sounds like you just let on a real good little tip there!

Oz

• nugget
    nugget

Welcome to the forum. I am glad you have been able to share celebrations with your family and that they are there for you. Having support on the outside is a gift.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

AuntFancy, I love the part about your Dad telling your siblings that we can't lose her, no matter what. Wow. What a loving, unconditional Dad!

What you said about meetings and panic attacks, is so true. Sometimes, to me, going, I felt like a Christian, forced into a Roman arena. Not a happy place, but knowing aka being told you have to be there, you have to do this, even though your mind and body were trying to tell you something different.

I am glad you are getting good medical care and you are getting better. What can I say AuntFancy...6 surgeries and one meal from the congo. That really is shameful.

Unfortunately, the phrase, "Jehovah's Witneses are known for the love among them", is just that, a phrase, or if you will, a catchy slogan. It is not the reality. Don't think your congregation, Circuit or District, were ignoring you, because, they do it to everyone. lol

So happy you and your High School Sweetheart are in a successful fade. Yes! Good triumphs over Evil, Again!

Just Lois

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum!

How wonderful that you and your husband are now free to enjoy life, and I am so glad that you are able to be with your family. Do you have children?

My husband and I were "in" for over thirty years. When we saw the true nature of the JWs, it was too late for me, as both my parents were gone. They also used to get so upset at the holidays. How I wish they could have known that we left the Witnesses and had time together. It is truly a bitter pill to swallow. My husband and I are at least out together; many on this forum have not been so fortunate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit