Our Story

by Auntfancy 41 Replies latest jw friends

• excitesinceredetermination
    excitesinceredetermination

Aunt Fancy & WhoLovesMagic You are amazingly brave women!! Welcome to the forum! I anxiously await hearing and learning more about all you have been through. Your experiences have brought tears, but when I kept reading on to how you finally get to live your life...happy & to the full now...it brings a smile to my face! An inspiration to the ones like me, who are just starting on the journey out. (You too Villiagegirl!) Hugs from me!

Much love -Excite

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Wow WhoLoves, thank you so much for telling your story. It is so encouraging to me and I am glad you are doing well and life looks bright for you too. It sure is a double whammy to have both hit at the same time but I feel like I have gotten so much stronger going through all of this. Like you I try to be as positive as I can be but at times I still struggle with the anger of what 30 years of being in a cult did to me. It is comforting to know there are others who have been through the same trials. I hope you stay healthy and continue to have a bright future.

Thanks Excite, stay on your journey, it does get better with time and reading books and this site has helped me so much. There are so many of us in the same boat.

• smiddy
    smiddy

And a very warm welcome to to you WhoLovesMagic

smiddy

• flipper
    flipper

AUNT FANCY - Very nice to have you here. I'm so sorry to hear you have cancer. Please be assured of our care and concern. I'm happy you and your hubby are free in your minds now. Good to hear you had a nice Christmas with your family. You are among friends who have suffered injustices in the organization like yourself. Keep us updated on how you are feeling, O.K. ? Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Welcome to the both of you. Enjoyed your story. Look forward to both your posts and threads.

• RosePetal
  • RosePetal
    RosePetal

Welcome Graphic #108 Also a welcome to WhoLovesMagic, I am so sorry you have both been through such a traumatic time and so many of us have had similar experiences and can really relate to what you have gone through, our hearts go out to you both, WholovesMagic, I am so glad that you have come out stronger, and are doing well, and you have such a positive outlook a very inspiring testimony, thank you.

Hugs to you both,

Hugs Graphic #85

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

WhoLovesMagic>>>>>Welcome. We hope you will find true refreshment for your soul. It is an exhilarating feeling to be here on JW.net with others, who have learned TTATT. We are from all over the world and we don't want to be lied to, or treated badly anymore.

Now that you are signed in, jump in whenever you feel comfortable. Maybe start a new thread and tell us how things have been. Or not. Whatever you feel you want to share. No pressure here. At your time. When you are ready.

We are very happy to have you here.

Just Lois

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Aunt Fancy. How very pleased I am to hear that you and hubby are free spiritually. Now you can get to catch up and spend holidays with your family. As for your health, do everything in your power to look after yourself - get the treatment, eat healthy and research. I have had some experience with cancer as a member of my family had it. Please look after yourself.

• WhoLovesMagic
    WhoLovesMagic

Thank you all for the warm welcomes! I will write my own story at some point so as not to hijack Aunt Fancy's thread. After leaving the JWs, cancer was one of my few battles the last 2 years presented, so much for one person to bare and I am still coming to terms with it all.

Aunt Fancy: I found being dxd with cancer shortly after finding the TTATT didnt enable me to feel anger about being raised in a cult until now, 2 years later but I don't really dwell on the fact as I cannot change it but instead I look for the positive I drew from the experience (to tell the truth it is hard to find the positive, but you have to do it to survive - it makes us reslilient) as I feel anger and bitterness could kill me or at least bring back the cancer - literally.

I do find that at times I have PSTD or thats what I would call it, from the realization that I lost many friends and family at a time I needed them most and realizing the fact that I had the big C - I am the first in my family to be dxd with such. The pain of losing parents is immense to the point I feel orphaned - I am waiting for my elder/father to state to me that the reason my life turned out the way it did is because I left Jah.

The silver lining that I focus on is that I do have my husband who has stuck by my side and I am grateful for him!! Its all a matter of perspective.

Keep your head up, I too have good and bad days!! Both C's are psycologically mind altering, you need to dig deep to realize how resilient you are! Keep focussing on what you HAVE now. The present is a present.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit