My ex JW sister is an APOLOGIST!!!!!

by joyfulfader 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I have had a few conversations with my sister who left the org several years ago and has been dating a non JW for several years now. She celebrates the holidays and everything. So the other day I brought up some of the things I have learned since leaving. She discussed them with my former elder dad who found the information my sister and I discussed (in the WT pubs of course) and apparently the governing body being the fds has been the teaching all along and this was just a MINOR clarification and makes complete sense to them!!! My sister sees no hypocrisy or issue with the flip flop on blood and people dying because of the arbitrary rules of 8 men and we r all well established in the medical field!! I was shocked that she was so venomous toward me over religion. I mentioned how divisive it is and the shunning and she agrees with it (probably because she was never caught to be disfellowshipped). So now I am leaving it alone. The cultish ways are sooooo ingrained. I feel sick... Sorry it's one ramble bit my iPad won't make paragraphs.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

Plus she told me she didn't want to hear anything about where I got my information because if the org didn't write it, it is false. She told me I am a dangerous influence for thinking on my own. And she left years ago!!!!! So frustrating!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Cultish ways, indeed. You have to do more than stop attending to free yourself. Be there for her if she ever gets burned or goes back.

• cofty
    cofty

It always surpises me how people who no longer attend meetings can be so indoctrinated.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

You can take the girl out of the relgion, but you still have to get the religion out of the girl.

I think people who have left but are still fooled by the teaching, and therfore afraid of Armageddon and afraid to examine their beliefs properly and sensibly, are among the saddest people on Earth.

These poor benighted ones have no freedom, live a life of guilt, and are still deep down in the lowest dungeon of the prison that the WT has created.

But, as the wise man said, "When the Student is ready, the Teacher will arrive". Sadly, many of our loved ones will never prove to be a Student that is ready.

They will go to their graves believing the lies and myths they have been fed by the WT/JW cult "religion".

• RN
    RN

What Phizzy says is so true. I had a friend who was disfellowshipped in the early 80's, when I contacted her and re-established communication in the late 90's I eventually asked her if she still believed what the WTS taught. Her response was to completely shut down and demand that I never contact her again. About 2 1/2 years ago I found out that her brother (disfellowshipped in the late 70's) had died, within a year she had returned to the KH, sought and was granted reinstatement. The Facebook communication I managed to get out of her was nothing but cult speak. It would be funny, if it wasn't so very sad. She is in her mid fifties, at this point I doubt she will ever be her own person and truly have her own life.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

I was out for over 20+ years before I figured it out.. I became an atheist.. but still maintained if? then the WT would be the one...

It was terrifing to examine at first, but my desire for the truth won out.. and I had to know.. Final reasoning was if it's the truth it will hold up to anything...

It didn't hold up to squat...

It was traumatic at first too...

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi joyfulfader, I understand your frustrations. I know a guy who left the WTBTS about 20 years ago, does not believe that the Bible is the word of God, and feels that if the Bible was the word of God that the WTBTS has the truth. At least he was not as defensive as your sister, but he did defend the WTBTS when I called it a f__king dangerous cult.

I guess you can take a person out of a dangerous cult, but the cult persona lives on.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

My sister was DA 30 years, but was blackmailed into going back because she couldnt see her grandchildren. I assumed she would get reinstated and then fade, but no, now she is drinking the kool-aid and won't talk to me. Its very sad that someone would be gone that long and still not figure out how full of lies this religion is. I think many people leave because they do not want to live up to the standards of the organization, but still deep own believe it to be true. The cult mind control is that strong that they are mentally still trapped, even while disassociated, the fear response to the apostate word cially seems to stay. My only hope is that this organization has changed so much over the years she was gone, and their just isn't as much closeness in the congregations, nor is there that sense of purpose in the preaching work. Most JWs are just going through the motions, not really feeling any zeal.

I do not hold out great hope for her though, as two of her three boys are in, and she enjoys the closeness with them and their families. She also is partaking, so there is that. She has some health issues that is affecting her mentally, I think. For her, this may be for the best, who knows. I love my grandkids, and am happy they are not dubs, but even for hem I would not go back.

• Gopher
    Gopher

The old teaching about the faithful slave being all the thousands of anointed "as a class" and the domestics being all the thousands of anointed "as individuals" never made any sense to me for all the decades I was a JW. However the Watchtower vigorously defended this idea without really ever explaining it properly. Of course, the change to make themselves the faithful slave is logical within their teachings - because really the so-called anointed outside of Brooklyn really never had the chance to direct what was taught to Jehovah's Witnesses as a whole.

However, for anyone to say this is just a minor doctrinal change is plain ignorant and wrong. If it was so minor, the Watchtower would have conceded the point several decades ago. It was so obvious to anyone who thought about it for a few minutes (even a child like me back in the 70's).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit