My ex JW sister is an APOLOGIST!!!!!

by joyfulfader 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hey joyfulfader, yes you are obviously dangerous to your sister's belief in what she doesn't follow any longer!.

You are an "independent" thinker. And she isn't?

• Satanus
    Satanus

I met some dffed but still believers. The wt meme stays like a time bomb, until its actively diffused.

S

• blondie
    blondie

joyfulfader, I understand that your sister is neither df'd or da'd? Dating a non-jw (is that a euphemism for having a sexual relationship? which is df'able). Celebrating holidays/brithdays, but not openly.

So she picks and chooses what to believe and adhere to...what benefits her she disobeys. Doctrine really means little to her. Since the WTS teaches that God sees all, he sees what she is doing that is against his standards (per the WTS). She is only concerned if jws see what she is doing.

(Ezekiel 8:9-12) . . .And he further said to me: “Go in and see the bad detestable things that they are doing here.” 10 So I went in and began to see, and, look! there was every representation of creeping things and loathsome beasts, and all the dungy idols of the house of Israel, the carving being upon the wall all round about. 11 And seventy men of the elderly ones of the house of Israel, with Ja·az·a·ni′ah the son of Sha′phan standing in among them, were standing before them, each one with his censer in his hand, and the perfume of the cloud of the incense was ascending. 12 And he proceeded to say to me: “Have you seen, O son of man, what the elderly ones of the house of Israel are doing in the darkness, each one in the inner rooms of his showpiece? For they are saying, ‘Jehovah is not seeing us. Jehovah has left the land.’”

Does she believe any of this is from God who sees all or is it just a social community she can fool?

If she disregards things the WTS teaches that are serious why would she see their hypocrisy?

Be careful, she might use you to better her status.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

cofty- she doesnt even attend the memorial anymore. i dont understand what she's holding on to.

Phizzy- she doesn't claim to be fearful of armageddon. she claims to now have an open mind unlike when she was younger and not given a choice.

Robert- i dont dare call it a cult at this point

Gopher- i am the independent one in the family. i pointed out the constant change and wrong dates. when i mentioned how the flip flop of policy from a few mwn causes countless, needless deaths she just says that she remembers they are imperfect men doing their best...but then again, she has not been touched by a tragedy such as this.

Blondie- she is exactly what you said in your opening. i have no desire to engage her anymore after this. no talk of religion anymore. the hypocrisy in my own family was part of my reason for leaving. if she uses it against me so be it. as the strong, ndependent one in the family i am probably the only one who could take it.

It is very disappointing for me to hear the venom but the cult is crazy...

• blondie
    blondie

joyfulfader, she is taking the focus off herself and putting it on you. Some families are dysfunctional with or without the WTS. Mine is.

• steve2
    steve2

Understanding your sister's mindset will be a huge help to you. Her unexpected defense of the organization has come as quite a shock for you, huh? She sounds like one of untold numbers of people who are neither in the organization nor able to move beyond its orbit either. By sticking up for the organization she fools herself into thinking that her heart 'condition' is better than yours. How nice for her - and yet how astonishingly superficial! The real culprit that lurks here with your sister is Fear. It is pure, unadulterated Fear - rather than any heartfelt personal conviction - that binds people to their old beliefs - especially beliefs they no longer strictly follow. The hypocrisy is huge.

Also, having been in the organization, you'll recognize different "levels" of sinfulness, according to the witnesses. It's far less sinful to fall into sins of the flesh than the sin of apostasy, because even if one's morals are all over the place, "at least" one still believes underneath it all that the organization "has" the Truth.

According to the JW mindset: You can recover from apathy, but apostasy is a step too far. Therefore, it takes genuine courage to not only look your doubts right in the eye but to continue to investigate them even when others try to make you feel guilty and afraid.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Yes like stated you HAVE to do some "homework" to get out mentally

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I had a few JW friends like that. They only attended the memorial and maybe one day of the DC. But if I ever said a word against the WT they were both all over me. To further reinforce how vomitious their actions were, if I ever said I was down, they would comment how a meeting or a day in service could make me feel better. When they told me that, I asked why they hadn't tested that theory in 10 years? Then the defensive comments or the red herrings such as apologizing becuase I was so hyper sensative about meetings. Just typical JW BS.

Nothing is more pathetic than an inactive dub who's already been shunned by most of the dubs, to turn around and just look down thier noses at other dubs who are inactive

• Gopher
    Gopher

I had my first experience with ex-JW apologists in 2001 during our first "apostofest" in the state of Minnesota. If you read the account (linked below), you'll come across a couple of characters who, in the middle of a smoky bar in south Minneapolis, amongst a bunch of apostates, vigorously defended Witness doctrine while puffing on cigarettes. It was unbelievable.

http://jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/4377/1/Apostates-Night-Out

• nugget
    nugget

Some people leave but are not really free. They feel they cannot live up to the demands of the religion themselves but still think the teachings are right it sounds like your sister is one of these.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit