Horse Meat found In hamburgers in UK and Ireland

by Pterist 45 Replies latest social current

• designs
    designs

I was in Nice France with some friends and wondered in to a Butcher Shop- there behind the counter was a horse hanging by its rear hooves stripped of skin and being carved, that's quite a sight.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Love the funny humour or humor ?

Humour or humor (see spelling differences) is the tendency of particular cognitive experiences to provoke laughter and provide amusement. The term derives from the humoral medicine of the ancient Greeks, which taught that the balance of fluids in the human body, known as humors (Latin: humor, "body fluid"), control human health and emotion.

Shalom

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The real concern is that much of this horsemeat was unfit for human consumption due to coming from Gee Gees used in racing where drugs of all sorts are pumped in to the poor buggers.

Some of it is believed to originate in the USA, then travel on to Europe etc

• designs
    designs

What is Gee Gees?

• mouthy
    mouthy

During the 2nd world war, ( I was 11 yrs old ) My Dad brought home horse meat,they loved it...
    Thats because they only got 2 oz of meat a month,of course it was black market.

• Amelia Ashton
  • AMO
    AMO

All thay have to do is get in touch with WT GB and tell them to tell the world the horse meat is really beef, and every one will believe, prob solved. lol.

AMO

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Or invisible and only discernible to those "on the watch"!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Gee Gees are horses, especially racing ones here in the U.K , as in the phrase " I am going to have a flutter (bet) on the Gee Gees" ,why we call 'em that I don't know, we are a strange lot, we are pedantic about the English language, but make up stupid slang words and phrases.

• cantleave
    cantleave

How do you describe a hungry horse in 4 letters?

MTGG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit