Horse Meat found In hamburgers in UK and Ireland

by Pterist 45 Replies latest social current

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I aksed several horses their opinion about the horse meat scandal and here is what they had to say:

Secretariat: "It's a terrible tragedy. I hope everyone boycotts any companies that bought from them."

Seabiscuit: "There should be some kind of oversight to make sure something like this never happens again."

Barbaro: "How could a mistake like this be made? I mean, how do you accidentally put horse meat in something?"

Sarah Jessica Parker: "How many times do I have to tell you people I'm not a horse?"

• 88JM
    88JM

As one comedian here commented, I would like to know what happened to all the cows that were supposed to be in those meals.

Jokes aside, from what I read, a lot of the horse meat was from Romania, not France. As has been mentioned, it's the chemicals in the meat (not meant for human consumption) rather than the meat itself that is/should be the concern.

However, this should be good for local meat producers and butchers here though - hopefully people will go back to sourcing locally and help the local farmers and butchers that are disappearing from the high streets. Or turn more people vegetarian - that wouldn't be such a bad thing either.

• mouthy
    mouthy

My understanding was Leviticus 11:3 means "dont eat horses" Some folks still abide by that
    Even some Atheists.

• designs
    designs

Cattle here seem to get a lot of 'meds' and other stuff injected or fed into them, more veges is a good thing.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'The pork substitution is what concerned many as the are quite a few Jews and Muslims who live out there and may have purchased these "beef" products'

Tried to feel their concern. Couldn't. Started smirking, instaed. Sorry.

S

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Tried to feel their concern. Couldn't. Started smirking, instaed. Sorry.

Couldn't agree more

PMSL

• St George of England
    St George of England
    My understanding was Leviticus 11:3 means "dont eat horses" Some folks still abide by that
    Even some Atheists.

I think that same chapter also says we cannot eat eels (no scales), or shell fish.

That really is bad news.

George

• mouthy
    mouthy

COO!!!LUV A DUCK. I LOVE EELS!!!!!

• Glander
    Glander

"thou shall not eat atheists...unless they are bled properly"

I have a haunch that horse's asses were OK. One was served at the last supper.

• designs
    designs

Phenylbutazone is what has health authorities concerned, apparently very harmful to humans. Nestle, which still holds a small interest in the company responsible for allowing the meat to be proceesed in products for humans consumption is very concernend for the public persception of lax standards this has cast on the food industry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit