Am I the only "witness here besides the admins?

by TheOnlyRealWittnessHere 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Awakenednow
    Awakenednow

Most of us were at one time in life dedicated and loyal witnesses. The negativity comes with hurt and the anger from being hurt. There are many reasons and each has a different set of them. You are searching for answers you haven't found at the meetings or in the publications or you wouldn't be on this site. As you learn from your own efforts and research, which I encourage you to do, ( jwfacts is terrific and quotes organization literature and is truly an unbiased examination of WT teachings through the years) . You may experience similar pain as you realize the depth of betrayal at the hands of these self proclaimed shepherds. Jesus promised the Holy Spirit for believers not a slave class (type or anti type of an illustration or is it a prophecy , huh?) that holt spirit will open your spiritual eyes if you simply ask. So when you feel as we do you will understand and not be offended by it. Some of us were molested, mistreated, gave up education & retirement , sold our homes, gave up our health (I was an international construction worker and saw firsthand older witnesses who ended up sick directly because of their assignments who were sent home with no care/no money to get care/ no money from savings to take care of themselves/ abandoned by this org or Borg) I experienced a very similar tale of Candace Conti in the 70's and bro Henschel was spoken with directly who said they wont act because of two witness rule and because of the ignorant "child repressed memory theory" ...he was completely wrong in every way!!! Funny, I was one of the few with two witnesses. It was sick.

Anyway, with some knowledge of the issues, you will mature and will hopefully become more empathetic to those of us needing to gripe and vent a little and at the same time find companionship and insights as you walk the road less traveled seeking truth.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

@ A Watcher

I believe Jehovah is directing the GB on most of their MAJOR decisions.

Is it a major decision to protect pedophile members or a minor decision?

So the GB is learning humility by allowing victims to be punished and perpetrators to be free.
    Please explain that to me.

• steve2
    steve2

I was - and still am - a hopeless witness.

How fast was the car traveling? What color were his shoes?

Did he have an accent?

Were her eyes symmetrical?

Did she stutter when she produced the gun?

I wasn't paying attention. .And those questions were about my parents!

I am a hopeless witness.

How Jehovah God ever saw potential in me being His witness I honestly don't know. He should've talked to my parents first- it would've save so much grief. My mother would put Him straight: "How could he have ever been your witness when he's always away with the fairies?" I could have done with her saying that in 1973 in the months leading up to my baptism. What an f-fing waste of water!

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

@ introvert 2

I would love to hear a talk like that!

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Paradise B, was not me was quoting a brother above, what I do now is copy paste the originator of said comment when quoting, sorry for the confusion. I won't be in the T school for a long time yet on account of anxiety.

I was just agreeing with him ( wifibandit )

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    The thing is, you can go to any other church and hear that talk any given Sunday, and it's not a rebel preaching it...it is how everyone believes and tries to act.
  • Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y
    Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control, I did not attend Sundays' meeting. This makes it six years in a row now.
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai
    I've been inactive for months and probably will be inactive for the rest of my life. This new brand of JW just sickens me. That being said, I still feel like I'm a witness. My friends, my family are all witnesses and being a witness is all I have ever known up until now. I'm waiting and watching world events while sitting on the fence I guess.
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    depends maybe how you define witness

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit