Am I the only "witness here besides the admins?

by TheOnlyRealWittnessHere 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I am I said

To no one there, and none heard at all, not even the chair.

I am I cried, I am said I, and I am lost, and I can't even say why

I am I said, I am I cried, I am

( Great words from Neil Diamond)

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    a watcher,
    "Village Id, I'm here because I want to be. The Watchtower is not the master over my faith. Jehovah gave me free will and I use it." They aren't the masters of your Faith! If they tell you not to come here they obviously want to be the masters of your faith. Just tell them you're here and see where that will take you.
  • Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Presently inactive and getting ready to get back in but at my own pace !

I had a major burn out / depression due to the hectic pace of running a business and

trying to please everyone but myself. Got in on my own at 38 YO, now 50+ single.

I'll do what I can, no interest at all in position nor social status, it is what it is.

There are some things I don't understand nor agree with, this does not prevent me from worship.

The Bethel stories here from the 70's and 80's are a hoot ! Never had any desire to visit NY, probably never will.

That and the Proclaimer's book, just the thought of it is repulsive to me.

Peace !

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Finklestein! I tried to Like your comment but instead it marked a minus 1.

Marina

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein
    I forgive you Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife
    I rather be a sincere witness to the truth and have an honest endeavor to seek the truth, thats why I stopped being a JWS. It takes time and can be a struggle at times but its so much more rewarding.
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit

I gave the public talk today!

We focused on Jesus, Sermon on the Mount, Love and NOT being a Rule-making-pharisee. Instead of worrying about the works of others, focusing on your inner person. ;-)

You guys would be amazed at the number of "marginalized" members of the congregation who came up to us afterwords to say how refreshing the talk was. All I did was read what Jesus actually said!

I wonder what they have been hearing/taught, that made this sound so revolutionary...?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

NOT being a Rule-making-Pharisee.

The WTS leaders have been nothing but Rule making Pharisees running their corrupt publishing house, setting down rules and regulations upon their devoted sales representatives.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

" I gave the public talk today!

We focused on Jesus, Sermon on the Mount, Love and NOT being a Rule-making-pharisee. Instead of worrying about the works of others, focusing on your inner person. :wink:

You guys would be amazed at the number of "marginalized" members of the congregation who came up to us afterwords to say how refreshing the talk was. All I did was read what Jesus actually said ! "

Cool bro, that's great thanks !

As for the older Bethel stories, stuff like this happens in almost all industrial settings. Where you have men, production machinery and supervisors you WILL HAVE ISSUES no mater what. I was naïve in thinking otherwise !! I've worked on some hall builds and I could of slugged some guys, but I'm not always right nor in line either. Rafter in the eye.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

In response to the onlytruewitness, no you are not the only witness here, but you may be the only one who still believe the governing body is the faithful and discrete slave and God's sole channel of communication with mankind.

As for me, I was a JW for thirty years, but realized the Watchtower was no different from any other religion that presumed to speak for God. My question to you is this: Why do you believe the predictions of an organization that has a 100% failure rate on date predictions? 1897, 1914, 1925, 1975 and other dates have been wrongly predicted to be the end by the Watchtower, so why do you believe them now?

• SimonSays
    SimonSays

You stated that a JW that consider themselves witnesses come here to express their true nature are hypocrites. I beg to defer, I don’t understand how they could possibly think they are still witnesses in God’s eyes, because to God the day they became as Judas they stopped being favored by God to serve in his behalf and turned into an opposer even if they refuse to accept it, and before you suggest I’m being judgmental, I’m not God is, read and understand scripture.

Proverbs 6:16

Warnings against Foolishness

15 Therefore his calamity will come suddenly; instantly he will be broken and there will be no healing. 16 There are six things which the LORD hates, yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: 17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit