Your God asks for too much

by Qcmbr 91 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I was wondering (again) about what I got out of my deal with mormon god. The more I thought about it the more I realised that the xian god asks way too much and offers too little.

What does XG demand:

1 - Obedience to changeable often arbitrary commandments normally with little clarification of when and when not to apply them. Bible Jesus did not help claiming that all laws had to be fulfilled but then happily broke them when it suited.

2 - Give up human knowledge and replace with faith based divine knowledge that cannot be questioned (God does not have a library look up service - voice hearers regardless - they rarely agree on anything). Become as a child. Be humble.

3 - Live life now in anticipation of a future reward (i.e. sacrifice) while being bound to the contract without your ability to accept or reject (rejection merely applies the penalty clause as much as believing and failing does.)

4 - Accept his sole rulership without question including voluntary eternal slavery and aquiescence to a blood sacrifice for sins committed by virtue of a body and nature designed to sin, given minimal and obscure information and culpability even in ignorance.

What does he offer:

1 - No hell

2 - Eternal worshipful servitude.

3 - Seperation of humans so that sinners (family, friends, ancestors) get removed from the prescence of forgiven people. Eternity to remember those lost.

4 - No opportunity to pay for ones own mistakes or to learn from them outside of mortality.

No XG asks for way too much, is a tyrant and is responsible for all evil if he wants to pretend to be responsible for all good. I will not give up my rational mind into foolish slavery and start to pretend to hear inner voices in anticipation of eternal slavery in a magic land.

• tec
    tec

I would not want to know your former god either, Q.

What does my God ask:

That we listen to His Son. That we love one another; show mercy and forgiveness. That we serve and love others as He serves and loves us. For those who want to follow and serve Christ... that we do the preceeding, and that we do so in faith (listening to and following His voice), that we do so in truth. (not being afraid to speak truth, or back down)... all of which is a learning process, and Christ the Teacher.

What does He offer:

Life. Love. Forgiveness. Mercy. Freedom (from death, from fear, from lies, etc). The same things that He asks. (except that we cannot give others life; only Christ can do this... but we can point to Him, so that others know who to go to... for life)

There are no changeable arbitrary demands other than what man makes up, Christ did not break one of God's laws, there is no giving up of human knowledge, (being humble comes with love), no setting life now aside for some future reward, no eternal slavery, questioning is totally allowed, and rather than obscure information... what He asks is pretty simple and clear (other than what man has made up to create the obscurity). Neither does one lose one's family and loved ones in a separation of sinners... when the Israelites put blood of the lamb on their doorposts, everyone in that house was covered so that death could not touch any of them. The blood of the lamb, is the blood of Christ, which is His Spirit... and it covers all in the household of the One who has His Spirit. (not a literal brick/wood/whatever house... but the people part of that 'house') And we totally pay for our own mistakes right now with natural consequences - this world is as it is because of the choices humanity has made and continues to make - and we COULD be learning from those mistakes if only we were willing to do so... instead of passing the buck, and thinking we are any better than those who came before us. We make all the same mistakes.

I would not choose to follow the god you describe, Q... and I know that is the god that many religions describe. I choose only to follow the God that Christ revealed to us.

Peace,

tammy

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Beautiful, Tammy! Just beautiful...and true. I see so much how bitterness is poison to the soul.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Qcmbr All the points you raise are entirely accurate. They lead to the conclusion that this god is man’s invention; created in man’s own image in an incredibility successful attempt to establish authority to rule other humans. This is the god described in the bible and the Koran. Like a fake $100 bill it fools enough people to help holy men seize power and get rich.

Whether a real god exists is anyone’s guess. All I can personally say is that it has not been my pleasure to be contacted by such a being. As a younger man I attempted to contact and speak to such a being but my prayers fell on deaf or non-existent ears. Ah well! Life has other pleasures to offer.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    They lead to the conclusion that this god is man’s invention; created in man’s own image in an incredibility successful attempt to establish authority to rule other humans.

There is much truth here in that MAN does indeed tend to creat God in His image.

Adam was a perfect example.

God had given him everything and ask nothing in return ( other than to not eat of the forbidden tree and to take care of the world given to him), God even gave Adam a companion ( lets not get into whether that was good or bad, LOL), there was no reason for Adam to fear God or hide but that was exactly what Adam did when after he ate from the tree of Knowledge.

Adam and Eve disregarded all that God was and had done and they, due to their new condition, CREATED a whole new God in their minds, a God that was like them and as such, they had to hide.

We do tend to create the God we think we deserve or at least the God we think exists based on HOW WE see things.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

We do tend to create the God we think we deserve or at least the God we think exists based on HOW WE see things.

Very true. I have not yet succeeded in creating a god. Actually I quite like being free to make my own decisions. I already have a wife, so a god as well might be too much to cope with in one short life.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Nice sentiments, Tammy. Please don't read my additional thoughts. They are only meant for Qcmbr and others that
    want to lose their innocent gullibility

Tec: What does my God ask:

I had a long picking apart of everything she said, but it serves no purpose. Instead, I will say that people with revelations and visions and voices follow different Jesus's and others with no revelations or visions or voices follow some men who have told them what Jesus teaches. Many followers of Jesus go to the Old Testament to justify their hatred of other groups: outsiders, homosexuals, atheists, Muslims, etc. (To some degree, it used to apply, and still does in some ways, to other races or to women.) I think it can be summed up like this:

"The Old Testament doesn't apply. Unless of course we say it applies then the part we say applies does apply but the bad stuff you mention doesn't apply because of Jesus."

It's just a cope out, and I can make that statement fit just about anything that a Christian says.

• xchange
    xchange

Trying to identifiy the right god is akin to asking a group of semi-nude men, "Who is Sparticus?"...and we all know the rest of story.

• tec
    tec

There really was nothing for me to lose or gain in reading your following words, OTWO, so I hope you don't mind that i ignored your request. I have nothing to fear.

But see, it does not matter what many followers do, or what many men teach, or what some parts of the bible teach.

It matters only what Christ teaches... for one who follows Christ. That is the simple, basic, bottom line. Too simple for some to stomach, but simple enough for even a child to understand. A Christian does not belong to a religion, or men, or a 'holy book'... a Christian belongs to Christ. It is even in the name ;) CHRISTian.

Peace to you,

tammy

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Very true. I have not yet succeeded in creating a god. Actually I quite like being free to make my own decisions. I already have a wife, so a god as well might be too much to cope with in one short life.

You are wise in the ways of the world my friend !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit