Your God asks for too much

by Qcmbr 91 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

As for why you come to my forum, you don't need to explain it to me.

To be fair, it is kind of fun to hear about how Shelby thinks she has the power to abyss me to Satan. The comedic value is high. *

*I am not a member there and do not check in.

• tec
    tec

No coming to questions objectively is called science

It is called setting aside bias.

It gets done in science (or it is supposed to anyway)... but bias can get in the way of all sorts of things. How we view other cultures; how we view other age groups; how we view science itself; how we view marriage and child-rearing; and certainly how we view Christ and God.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

If either of you actually want to discuss things on xjwsforchrist, then feel free to join and do so there. That way, you are a little more limited in how you might take something out of context and twist it to your own ends.

That way, no argument from another site can bleed onto this one (sort of the way one might take a quote of someone else's word for word and use it to some other purpose - to start an argument perhaps - and then later say that he does not check in over there, lol)

Peace to you both, but I'm not playing that game with either of you.

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Discuss? No, I was merely amused. You overrate yourself.

• cofty
    cofty
    If either of you actually want to discuss things on xjwsforshelby, then feel free to join and do so there

You are too kind.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

That way, you are a little more limited in how you might take something out of context and twist it to your own ends.

I love the accusations. They also amuse me.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

tec: do you believe in the need to be born again?

• tec
    tec

Of course. When Christ returns, and gathers those who belong to him... these are changed; born again. Same with all those given white robes; they are born again... no longer trapped in these vessels; they are given new bodies just as Christ has (the white robe)

Died in the fleshly body.. born into the spiritual body. (not just in a symbolic sense - I think that is the evangelical 'born again'? I could be wrong about their understanding.), but also in a very real sense as well.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

So...are you being sent to the abyss on exjw4shelby EP? How exciting!! And how powerful of them...LOL Who knew they HAD that much power...LMAO!!

• tec
    tec

See now, Still is a perfect example of the reason for these words:

That way, you are a little more limited in how you might take something out of context and twist it to your own ends.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit