Your God asks for too much

by Qcmbr 91 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

See now, Still is a perfect example of the reason for these words:

Exactly. ST is perfectly representing how ridiculous the words and ideas are.

In any event, ridiculous nonsense from other forums shouldn't bleed over to here.

• tec
    tec

And that was a lovely example of how you do the same.

I agree that things on other forums should remain on other forums though. But it does not seem that others are so content to leave them be.

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I do perfectly represent the ridiculousness of ridiculous things. Thank you.

• tec
    tec

Mmm...

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

So you aren't being sent to the abyss EP? That's a relief!!! I'm still surprised that anyone thinks they have that much power. Do they wave a magic wand when they send people there? Are there magic incantations that are recited...like a reverse exorcism or something?

If anyone does send someone to the abyss...can I watch?

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

tec wrote:

leave them be

I tend to notice word choice and can't help but notice AGuest uses the same phrase or a variation such as "leave me be." For example, post 10833 in

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/244968/14/The-Stone-the-Builders-Rejected

Just something I thought was interesting. Perhaps it is an example of how language can rub off on people.

• tec
    tec

I think language can totally rub off on people. People pick up phrases and mannerisms of others that they spend a lot of time with too. Even twangs and accents ;)

I have heard leave me be, or leave them be, a lot though.

But I think that is interesting too.

Peace,

tammy

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

tec: no not a future event something that must happen before a person dies ,look at 1 john 5:1 has been, past tense. 1john 4:7, john 1:12;13, 1john 2:29. its a spirtual birth

• tec
    tec

I have no problem with any of those verses, Unstop. Certainly no problem with anyone receiving the promised holy spirit, and so moving from death to life.

I spoke of the spiritual birth though... the one that Paul also spoke of. When this body would be shed, and that spiritual body (as Christ has) would be put on.

Peace,

tammy

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

tec: ok just wondering ur thoughts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit