JW businessman's email about the UN and false religion

by Las Malvinas son Argentinas 35 Replies latest jw friends

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i too heard this urban legend in the early 90's, and it was off the platform, lol.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Indeed an old JW urban legend...back in the 80s it was ''a JW went to a door preaching and the person identified themselves as a high ranking UN official, who when asked about the UN clamping down religion, was all startled and demanded to know how this JW new of their secret plans''...

and thusly a new batch of JWs get to go ''ooh ahh and wow! We are sooooo the troof''!

how does an email have an 'original hard copy'?

Oz

• Bangalore
  • Think About It
    Think About It

At the rate the WTS new Governing Body is changing doctrines and the internet is exposing the religion as a cult......the JW religion will soon implode upon itself.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

it's another absolutely ludicrous claim that never carried any weight when it started to appear in their literature, about just as farcical as the "when they declare peace and security sudden destruction will be upon them" and the "good news to be preached in the entire earth" makes one wonder how we believed the BS for so long.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Thanks for that link, Bangalore, that was the version of the story I was trying to describe on page 1, where someone was giving a talk to the UN for some poorly defined reason. I am pretty sure I heard that tale from the platform on at least one occasion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit