JW businessman's email about the UN and false religion

by Las Malvinas son Argentinas 35 Replies latest jw friends

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Oh man! I ALWAYS forget about this particular urban legen. The Nestle quik having blood in it stuck moreso. But yep......urban legend.

Pretty much anything that starts with so little information its verification is impossible = BS.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Why put Chuck Bucks in box? Put a little peice of double sided tape and leave them on the floor. JWs will be grabbing them up, and the attendents will be going crazy trying to get them before anyone else and figure out who is doing it. It could be a flash mob coordinated thing, over in five minutes.

• Emery
    Emery

my goodness, as soon as I started reading this red flags flew everywhere. This story sounds more like something a nigerian scammer would come up with.

• steve2
    steve2

There's a spookily thin line between Persecution and Paranoia.

If a lone individual espoused this kind of nonsense, we'd label him paranoid and suggest medication. But when religious groups espouse this, we shrug them off as religious nutters.

So, if you want to escape being labelled paranoid, simply attribute your delusional beliefs to a religious group. I'd still suggest you take medication though... just to be on the safe side.

• out4good3
    out4good3

***cough***cough***bullshit***cough***cough

• rix
    rix

That JW businessman should only know that the WTS was a member of the UN as NGO until the heat came upon them to withdraw somewhere about 2001.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

No credible journalistic source would post this info. What businessman? Name and hometown. What business? Which UN department? I find it incredible that a JW businessman would have access to the Secy-General or his assistants. My friend was a UN civil servant. He would dismiss the question and laugh afterwards.

When did the conversation take place? Was it in NY or Geneva or a smaller outpost? Was the UN official at the very top? My friend's UN experiences highlighted how chaotic the organization is? Interestingly, though, he told me that the high rate of cult membership by UN civil servants was often remarked about within the UN. I could not believe the two bit cults that he said had strong membership. It troubled him so much he wrote an article for publication. These are people who are globe trotters and much be very bright to pass the exams. Their language abilities are astounding.

True stories have details.

I find the idea that the UN leaders are plotting to destroy religion more than comical. They do good work. Besides, so many are active in their homeland churches. This story lacks any sophistication.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

This reminds me of some Witness knocking on Jackie Kennedy's door a few years after the assassination. Jackie Kennedy answering her own door shortly after the assassination?

I purchased Joan and David shoes at a NY location. It was an aethetic reach for me. My younger tastes were evolving. The salesperson told me Jackie bought them at another location. They knew her shoe size.

What is so sad is that Witnesses rarely interact with govt. offciails or celebrities? Since they have no proper business sense, they are very gullible for these stories.

It reminds me of meeting TX high school students in Amsterdam. They ran up to me and screamed that devil worshippers were in the streets. I did hear loud sounds so I swallowed my fear of demons. There were large groups of people in the street, waving red banners. I saw no ectoplasm leaping forth so I ask an employee. The Dutch had just won the worldwide football game. Those kids were going to have much more fun in Europe than I was. Van Gogh walking down the street. Imagine if they visited the Vatican.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I've heard this story in various forms over the years. Especially back in the early 90's. Another JW urban legend, trying to prove to the world that they are relevant.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s an old JW Urban Legend..

It pops up,makes the rounds,dies..

Eventually another JW resurrects it and it starts over again..

What else would you expect from People who Advertise..

They got an "Award" for building an Assembly Hall with a Flat Floor..

Jehovah loves Flat Floors!..

Do you think Flat Floors grow on Trees?!..

................................... mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit