Please worship our god or he will kill you!

by snare&racket 140 Replies latest jw experiences

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I amnot arguing with that Cofty.

Those that believe in Christ are saved from judgment and those that don't will be judged by their actions and the eternal consequences that arise from that Judgment.

Of course those that Believe in Christ are under "another kind of judgment", - for to those that much is given, much is asked".

I am not denying that there is a reward for believers and punsihment for unbelievers, I am simply of the opinion that the process is not as simple as "worship Me or die".

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

What does that even mean?

Which part?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I know the theology as well as anybody but in practical terms its just self-deluding mumbo-jumbo.

IF belief and faith in CHrist turns out tobe false then yes, it is self-deluding mumbo-jumbo.

• cofty
    cofty
    I am not denying that there is a reward for believers and punsihment for unbelievers, I am simply of the opinion that the process is not as simple as "worship Me or die".

When you strip away all the spin it really does boil down to precisely that.

Which part?

"Salvation from sin and what leads from sin, death ( apart from God)."

How does salavation for sin look any different from not being saved from sin?

"Saved from death" - Really? What does that mean?

"That salvation is a gift of God's grace through Christ so that we may be in Him and He in Us."

Yes all of that. What does that mean exaclty? It just jargon isn't it?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    "Salvation from sin and what leads from sin, death ( apart from God)."
    How does salavation for sin look any different from not being saved from sin?

I mentioned salvation from sin so as to be clear that we are not saved from death ( we all die), what we are saved is from the consequences of sin ( our want to do things apart from God) that lead to being aprt from God ( after we die and while we are alive as well).

"Saved from death" - Really? What does that mean?
    "That salvation is a gift of God's grace through Christ so that we may be in Him and He in Us."
    Yes all of that. What does that mean exaclty? It just jargon isn't it?

Well, if it is NOT true then, yes, it is jargon.

If it is true then, in accepting Christ we receive the HS and Father and Son abide in Us and we in them.

WHat does that mean?

Our lives are changed in LIFE and death. In life we are guided by the love of Father and Son, we live in other-centered love, we love because they loved us first and so we love all others because of that love. When Father and Son abive in us through thr HS, we become fully human as God intended and we live to love others and to make our world a better palce, a place where God abides in US and ALL his children.

Accepting Christ is suppose to change you for the better.

Does it always? No because in the end, WE are still the ones, like Adam, that decide what to do with Gods Love.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Our Father and Our Lords love for me and all of their children.

I don't understand what you mean by this?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I don't understand what you mean by this?

You asked my what my faith is assured of and I replied.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Where does the hope fit in?

Faith is the assured expectation of the things hoped for. I think that is the quote.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Londo111

Please worship our god or he will kill you!

It really isn't Good News.

No, it's not. It's not Christ's gospel either. If you think the bible teaches anything like this, you didn't understand it in the first place.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Where does the hope fit in?
    Faith is the assured expectation of the things hoped for. I think that is the quote.

Faith is having confidence/assurance in the things we hope for.

NOt sure what you mean about "where does hope fit in"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit