Please worship our god or he will kill you!

by snare&racket 140 Replies latest jw experiences

• sir82
    sir82

I was at the hospital this evening in a ward full of elderly sick people. Something that was to be done away by God's Kingdom.

Yes, the best solution to "wards full of elderly sick people" is "kill all the elderly sick people with flaming fireballs falling from the sky, hurled by Jesus and his angels". Good plan!

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

One of the elderly sick people is my father

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The gray area is one of interpretation and always has been.

To some ALL are saved, at least all have the potential to be saved, but to others only the elect are saved- those predestined to believe before the begining.

Some also interpret it as conditonal saving, that only those the believe that Christ is our Saviour wil be saved.

It is quite possible that perhaps the apostles themselves were not 100% aware of who would be and why since it was up to God through Christ to decide.

Then again it is clear that those who reject Christ AND the HS will be punished but it is also interpreted that applies only to those the KNOW/KNEW Christ and STILL rejected him.

In short, there are MANY views because scripture can be interpreted in various ways.

• Sulla
    Sulla

The idea that all are eventually saved -- or at least might well be -- has a very long history in Christian thought.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

What's with this obsession with being saved?

Better to die thoroughly spent and satisfied with days.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

A valid question Glad.

And a question that each beiever must ask and asnwer for themselves and not just parrot a doctrine of their chosen denomination.

IMO, the doctrine of salvation has never been a big issue for me.

If I die and there is nothing then there is nothing, death has never been an issue for me, nor do I have an fear if it in any way.

My biggets issue is to make sure that my loved ones are provided for in the case/when I die.

I am not a Christian because I want to be saved or because I want salvation/fear not being saved.

To me worship of God through Christ is not an act of submission or going to church or piety or anything like that. The worship of God is, to me, a return to our original purpose, a return home to God in Christ. To me worship is being one with God and Christ and HS, to be IN them, to be fillied with their love and grace, inshort, to me worship is to be fully human.

• tec
    tec

Well said.

Peace,

tammy

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Ah! PSacramento. I do admire the good intention behind your faith.

The question for me is whether life has a purpose or is just a game of chance? Without a god it's all down to the roll of the dice.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Ah! PSacramento. I do admire the good intention behind your faith.

And I appreciate your patience and understanding with me :)

The question for me is whether life has a purpose or is just a game of chance? Without a god it's all down to the roll of the dice.

I think the fact that we ask and search for a purpose, speaks volumes.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

PSacremento

I am not a Christian because I want to be saved or because I want salvation/fear not being saved.

How does this work? Being a Christian means having faith in Christ ransom sacrifice I think.

Can you separate the ransom sacrifice from salvation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit