Please worship our god or he will kill you!

by snare&racket 140 Replies latest jw experiences

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I hate all religion...

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

What an awful message we shared.....

I didn't feel it was an awful message. It was a message of the end of wickedness,poverty, disease, wars, famines,death. That's why I preached.

I was at the hospital this evening in a ward full of elderly sick people. Something that was to be done away by God's Kingdom.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Cofty.

I am Anglican and have never heard that God will destroy the wicked at Armageddon. Not once has Revelation been approached as literal. Indeed, the church seems embarassed by the book.

Of course, I was raised in New York and have always lived on the East Coast.

I can't even imagine any priest believing it. Perhaps my experience is atypical but I now reside in far more rural areas.

WE are told never to deny anyone communion. God saves all - including Satan and Judas Iscariot. One need not be Christian to be saved.

I believe that most Lurthers, Methodists, Presbuterians, etc. believe the same way. My hunch. I don't know but I suspect.

These churches attract educated religous consumers. I don't know anyone who sits in church and listens to a sermon as though it is anything more than one personal opinion. The parishes I know would see a mass exodus. The empahsis is very much on inclusion. Indeed, one need not be Christian. It is not the wish that any faith tradition convert.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is nothing new. A variation is "Worship our god or WE will kill you". Same difference--the only difference is that, in the Christianized hybrid version, joke-hova will do the killing and in the full Jewish version, it was the people that did the killing. Tyrant David was exemplary in killing innocent people simply because they would not worship joke-hova, and we still see this rubbish going on between Israel and Palestine to this very day.

When I see crap like this within the religion, I know it's a Jewish/Christian hybrid. A full Christian religion threatens you with judgment after you die, usually to hellfire, and not imminent destruction to cut your present life short in the name of joke-hova. Also, in full Christi-SCAM-ity, it is Jesus, not joke-hova, that does the judging and execution. Notably, in the jokehovian witless religion, it is joke-hova that does the judging and destroying.

• designs
    designs

We woke up, we're Freed! Amazing how having the mental burden got lifted off us with the rejection of one simple ideology. Good topic

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Snare, not everyone shared that style of message at the door in field service. We had positive men and women who used different approaches unlike the nut-balls dipped in bat-dung from the 1925-1950 Generation taught by the Hipocrite Judge Ruthernut!

I don't find the God of the Bible, even in the Old Testament as angry or wanting to kill for no reason. The USA will send in a drone strike on the Islamic on a hunch, the God of the Bible's used surgical precession to eradicate bad people. Sure Jehovah punished the Isrealites for King David's illegal actions by counting the people, the Isrealites put Jehovah to the test so many times and he forgave them.

• cofty
    cofty

Band you are obfuscating.

Like all christian denominations the Anglican church believe there are rewards for the faithful and unspecified peril for the rest.

• kassad84
    kassad84

Grace.

• kassad84
    kassad84

"By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear."

Now how would this prophecy be fulfilled? Certainly not through God's display of power, men are sick of other men abusing it. They will rather die than give in to a God abusing his power. All their life they suffered from their fellowmen because of it. But how will it be fulfilled that "every knee" will do it? Through mercy and redemption? We will see.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

"Like all christian denominations the Anglican church believe there are rewards for the faithful and unspecified peril for the rest."

Speaking as one who was brought up in the Anglican Church and has been Catholic for 25 years, Cofty, this really isn't how it is. Your version is distorted, like looking into a wobbly mirror at a fairground, a bit like the way the Watchtower's pictures in books like the infamous "Bible Teach" distort how other religions are.

I remember how angry I was at the page where there's a picture of the Laughing Buddha and how that image is distorted somehow to make it look demonic, and you can see the same effect again and again. There's another picture in another publication of a Catholic bishop on the steps of a large church or cathedral, also made to look evil and sinister.

Catholic, Anglican, Methodist, Quakers...they all teach the gospel of love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit