Please worship our god or he will kill you!

by snare&racket 140 Replies latest jw experiences

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Explain to me what you think Christ's "ransom sacrifice" was?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Isn't faith the assured expectation of the things hoped for?

What is your faith assured of?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I thought Christ was the lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    What is your faith assured of?

Our Father and Our Lords love for me and all of their children.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I thought Christ was the lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world.

Of course He was/is, but you mentioned "ransom sacrifice" and since there are a few doctrines of the "ransom analogy", I was wondering which one you subscribe to.

• cofty
    cofty

The central theme of the New Testament is salvation. The gospel or "good news of the kingdom" was the means of salvation through faith in Jesus.

There are winners and losers, saved an unsaved, eternal blessings and judgements.

Its nice that modern believers prefer to ignore the core teaching of the early church. It shows you don't really get your ethics from that horrible book.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

If you have no sin and are righteous before God would he end your life?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    The central theme of the New Testament is salvation. The gospel or "good news of the kingdom" was the means of salvation through faith in Jesus.

Salvation from sin and what leads from sin, death ( apart from God).

Yes, that is my understanding also.

That salvation is a gift of God'sa grace through Christ so that we may be in Him and He in Us.

• cofty
    cofty

PSac - Winners and losers, eternal consequences for good or bad.

That's the core message.

A christianity that doesn't feature eternal blessings for faith and eternal loss for disbelief is not any sort of christianity the apostles or early church would recognise. Its "a different gospel".

• cofty
    cofty

PSac - Has it ever occurred to you the extent to which christians speak in metaphor and cliche?

Salvation from sin and what leads from sin, death ( apart from God).

That salvation is a gift of God'sa grace through Christ so that we may be in Him and He in Us.

What does that even mean?

I know the theology as well as anybody but in practical terms its just self-deluding mumbo-jumbo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit