Please worship our god or he will kill you!

by snare&racket 140 Replies latest jw experiences

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I am struggling to reconcile how you can, on the one hand, claim equality yet claim I am broken.

I think we are equal as humans, yes of course.

Do I think you are broken in regards to beaing a part from God? Yes I do.

Does that make you less human? ABSOLUTELY NOT !!!

I don't think that YOU think you are "broken" though, do you?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I think we are equal as humans, yes of course.

Do I think you are broken in regards to beaing a part from God? Yes I do.

Does that make you less human? ABSOLUTELY NOT !!!

An interesting contradiction you have rationalized. I am pretty sure that's how gays and brown people were oppressed, too. Equal, but somehow different and broken.

It's sad to see that there is truly nothing new under the sun.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Interesting how you viewed it that way.

DO you think the human race is fine the way it is? no need of fixing?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Interesting how you viewed it that way.

DO you think the human race is fine the way it is? no need of fixing?

Interesting how I view what? People or your statements? And what do you mean by "fixing"? Social engineering? Genetic engineering? Magical "you're all better now"? What does "fixed" even mean?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" I am pretty sure that's how gays and brown people were oppressed, too. Equal, but somehow different and broken."

i got a whiff of that too.

now I will step back again and watch.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Interesting how I view what? People or your statements? And what do you mean by "fixing"? Social engineering? Genetic engineering? Magical "you're all better now"? What does "fixed" even mean?

Interestingh ow you viewed my statement.

Answering a question with a question isn't an answer.

I asked if you think that the human race needs fixing or if it is fine the way it is?

SImple question, is the human race as it is now, how it acts and behaves to one another and the planet just fine of does it need to chaneg for the better ( fix)?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Interestingh ow you viewed my statement.

I view it that way because that's what it is.

SImple question, is the human race as it is now, how it acts and behaves to one another and the planet just fine of does it need to chaneg for the better ( fix)?

It's not in the least bit simple. What does "fixed" mean? Everyone has the same amount of money? Of skills? Of opportunity? Of quality of life? We always agree and never argue? Everyone always has what they want? Everyone always has what they need?

I have no idea what you mean by "fixed". I can't answer until I know what your question means.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    i got a whiff of that too.

now I will step back again and watch

So, my view that all humans need to be fixed because we are not living up to our potential and my belief that this fix is only available from God is racist and/or homophobic?

Is that what you two are suggesting?

We are all equal and ALL broken, including believers of course. I am pretty sure that I made that clear when I said no one is better than anyone else.

Being a CHristian is accepting that and the knowledge that only God through Christ can Fix that.

It doesn't mean you ARE fixed or superiour to anyone else, it means you have accepted that you need fixing and God is the fixer.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    It's not in the least bit simple. What does "fixed" mean? Everyone has the same amount of money? Of skills? Of opportunity? Of quality of life? We always agree and never argue? Everyone always has what they want? Everyone always has what they need?

I don't know, you tell me.

WHat do YOU think it means? or do you think it doesn'tmean anything because we are just fine?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

So, my view that all humans need to be fixed because we are not living up to our potential and my belief that this fix is only available from God is racist and/or homophobic?

That's not what you said. You said "Do I think you are broken in regards to beaing a part from God? Yes I do." I am broken in your view. You wrote that people without holy spirit and apart from God were broken. Now it's ALL humans. Previously it was some people, now it's ALL people. This is why trying to discuss God in any real context with Christians is like trying to grab a handful of water. You shape your argument into whatever you need it to be at the moment. This is like 1984. Only what you are saying NOW matters and the past is a matter to be changed into whatever you need it to be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit