Jehovah's Witnesses and restaurant bills

by usualusername 50 Replies latest jw friends

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

LouBelle we tried that and the money bowel would contract, people would actually pull money out of the bowel. A group of ten goes out and the bill is $180.00 plus tips. JWs start tossing in $10.00 per person, $10x10 equals $100.00

we have the problem of $180.00-$100.00 Who drank the Dr. Pepper? The brothers and sisters who were the cheapest, usually ordered heavy and had a cold one to wash it down. Their portion might be $30.00 so it would be like "Spend the Bottle", after forty five minutes and bad feelings, the bills got paid. I stopped paying for dubs meals in groups a long time ago, I got screwed so badly I avoided paying for people I would never see again in my life or once a year. I'am not tight, I got tired of these idiots taking advantage of anyone nice.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

It is very interesting, watching men's faces, when faced with the bill. Some look positively constipated. Some men turn into little boys fumbling with their wallet, looking like they hope someone else will pick it up, woman, man, child, Bueller, Bueller...anyone? Some take out their money clip, and throw down a few. Others try to figure which credit card to use to get the better Air Mile deal. I hate, hate, hated this part of going out for a meal with Friends so I learned this was my cue to take myself off to the Ladies room and not have to watch.

Just Lois

• Zordino
    Zordino

Now when I would with JW groups to restaurants, I just ask for a seperate bill for me and my family.

Funny thing is, I've never had any probs with this kind of thing when we go with Non JW friends. Non cult members are obviously more normal ofcourse.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

I will cut out of page of my book, I wanted to help Jehovah Witnesses who are still in the Org avoid getting burned by the "Loving Brothers" and feel they have no place better to go. My friend is a editor, get's paid to rewrite College Textbooks into readable format, the rough-drafts of phDs and professors need her magic wand!

What advice would you give to Jehovah's Witnesses going out on the town, during their pilgrimage to Long Beach, California or Cow Palace, SF County? This advice would be used for every State in the US, and possibly entire World. I can't see the Dutch being cheaper than United State's Witnesses with in a group dinner setting, can you?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

AA>>>>>Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Long Beach, was 40% fun 60% disappointment. I was only there once. It could have been an off night.

Just Lois

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

You should have tried the "Green Onion" in San Pedro or Pappa Dakkas Greek Food "San Pedro"

Roscoes Chicken and Waffles "Long Beach", Little Korea Town has good food but the area is not very nice. The times I attended Long Beach, the weather was 90+ degrees and those cheapskates kept the air on low. The humidity in that building made me want to jump in the water fountain out back from the frontage road. Why did we attend those nasty gathering, they were too cheap to turn the cooling on full blast.

San Pedro was a cool little town, lots of eastern europeans moving into that area buying up the land. Croatian, Serbian and Albanian people, I see you enjoyed Long Beach's too. There was a Tequila place near the beach, they claimed to have 150 brands, I should have tried that place.

• ItsMyLife
    ItsMyLife

I completely agree with you, whenever I went out with a group of JW's, the money was always short by at least one meal. And everyone claimed they'd put more money in than they owed.

However, can we really blame them? There are loads of threads on various sites pointing out how so many have been told not to go to college, or pursue higher education, and as a result have low-paying jobs. So a lot of them are probably tightwads because money is tight.

Though they should be up front and decline the invitation or maybe make other arrangements if they can't afford to go out for food.

May whatever you believe and trust in keep you strong x

• ItsMyLife
    ItsMyLife

Sorry, double post x

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

We had been caught out a few times by JW's who having indulged in the most expensive dishes on the menu suddenly proclaim when the bill is brought to the table, 'Lets just divi the bill up equally to save time'

We'd had enough covering other peoples lavish tastes. On the next evening out people were deciding what to order & these certain JWs picked the most expensive meals again. When we said we think it is fairer that individuals pay for what they actually order they then realised their meals were not going to be subsidised by us. Suddenly they had another look at the menu changed their minds & ordered the cheapest meals as 'they weren't very hungry'.

I always tip the waiting staff if the meal & service have been good, many JW's will not, it just seems to be the JW way.

• Calebs Airplane

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit